Greenmech Quadchip

wicklamulla

@monkeybusiness     @Pete B

A lot of people seem to slate one brand or another and i suspect it's generally unjustified.   A chap i spoke to last night (a very friendly competitor of mine) has a Quadchip with 1000 hours on it and was raving on about how good they are,  this is his second Quadchip as he traded in his first one.  No matter what i buy it'll be a step in the right direction from my 19 year old Crary Bearcat 25HP petrol which is still in great condition and in use weekly.  Either way i gotta make my mind up asap.  A new machine is out of the question unless someone wants to give me 0% finance on 50% of the purchase price.

Regards to one and all.

• Like 2

Loved my quad chip and apart from a cracked anvil had no problem with it in 500hrs, only sold it as needed faster and bigger capacity to cope with the kind of work we do.
Would definitely get another when we get a lighter machine for smaller pruning jobs.

• Like 2

I’ve got a cracking 2015 Quadchip for sale at the moment if you’re interested?

We run the bigger Greenmech 1928 machines (which I rate very highly), and was offered this Quadchip along with a second hand 1928 as part of a package. I have no prior experience of operating Quadchips but what a revelation it is - fantastic machine that I might end up keeping to be honest! The turntable is brilliant (it allows you to set jobs up more efficiently, which is something you don’t even tend to consider with a normal tow-behind) and the whole design is very well thought out. 

Give me a shout any time if you fancy coming to kick some tyres/chuck some brash through it. I’m up in Cheshire, near Nantwich - 07970188050.

Cheers, Dan 

1BC90D72-1987-4CAA-9533-2F5746715E15.jpeg

15C95CC9-3C1C-4678-8A7E-E05DC8CBC42B.jpeg

C603CA79-3191-49FB-9682-44F0F4A6B64C.jpeg

• Like 3

Great machine, very reliable, does the job. 4+ ton per hour. The back up service is first class, well that is an understatment . It has small niggles, short chip throw and over spray, other than that its a great machine. I only changed to meet new emission rules due 2019 and my choice was the best for my operation, other than that a QC is a great tool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments! Incidentally, the emission regs that come into effect in 2019 only cause these changes for new machine engines. Old stuff is generally okay! I can forsee someone in the centre of the square mile in London getting anal about stuff which is right smokey!

• Like 3