Anyone buy in timber for firewood??

mark_j

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondered if anyone buys truck loads of ie cordwood lengths for cutting into logs for firewwod?? what kind of weight and price should i be looking at??

thought this thread was about the above question, not who had the biggest (or smallest equipment) get a grip fellas! and chill out :drunk:

Back to the original question,of loads of timber. Can anyone sell me a few. I'm limited for space but make a very good winter income from logs. In the last 3 years demand has rocketed. I have now cleared out my limited back log and need to buy some in. I'm J10 M74 Lesmahagow.

I've been splitting logs for 20 years and I think the thing is that you have to enjoy it. It could be tedious,but to me it's therapy!! I've used every type of splitter available and I agree that screw types should be avoided. I've got advice for anyone who wants to hear it but I'm not a fast typer!!!

I think, if you did some research, you may be surprised! With fuel costs soaring people are on the look out for alternatives. Of course there is the remote possibility that you could be right :aetsch:

I'm not allways right Andy but I'm never wrong lol ;)

I've tried selling firewood down here for about 4 years now. I have reguarly clients but not a bloody lot !