Anyone buy in timber for firewood??

mark_j

Trouble is Andy there isn't that much of a market for it down here. The only people that want logs are the well of who light the fire 5 times a year etc. They only want one load a year if that.

I think, if you did some research, you may be surprised! With fuel costs soaring people are on the look out for alternatives. Of course there is the remote possibility that you could be right :aetsch:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it your not interested in mine then Matty?

Had two blackened finger nails to press and quite a few close calls.

Thats why I wont let anyone else use it, I could get someone in at £30 a day just doing splitting, but I have visions of coming back to find them spinning around the threaded cone.

I think a normal splitter would give me better peace of mind. Plus more productivity

Your bench saw Mark, lethal!! H&S would have a field day.

Your vintage cordwood saw is far more user friendly :up:

yeah, our mc connel sawbench is abit of a beast, used it for an hour this morning, the sawbench teaches you respect it and not to rush, you only get one chance with it ! Though when sharp i havnt seen many benches that can match it.

Was lovely this morning, sun was shining and it was warm, ran the sawbench for an hour, i was on my own and had to maul myself to connect it up to our david brown, cut some ash, oak and brook elder into smallish logs to go into net bags, got 100 of them in the end to start with from polybags.co.uk

Nice to see well looked after tackle Mark.

Tractors look in fine fettle :up:

Yeah they are very tidy, not concourse but tidy, they are between 40-60 years old and used frequently, we have spent many many hours restoring them and they are run really well and are a pleasure to use.

The wooden bodied trailer in the second pic came from my dads friend, a few of you may know called henry gould, the original metal body had completely rotted away, we shotblasted it, primed and painted in fergie grey, the boarding was scaffolding planks, i stained them and fitted with coachbolts. the tipping ram works fine and we saved the trailer from the scrapman. :up:

Take it your not interested in mine then Matty?

Had two blackened finger nails to press and quite a few close calls.

Thats why I wont let anyone else use it, I could get someone in at £30 a day just doing splitting, but I have visions of coming back to find them spinning around the threaded cone.

I think a normal splitter would give me better peace of mind. Plus more productivity

£30 a day! Send him to Cornwall please!!:grinning-smiley-003