Logosol farmers mill

Badgerland

I bought a Logosol Farmers Mill back in December and have been setting it up over the past few weekends. However, I've hit a bit of a snag and wondered if anybody out there had encountered the same problem.

I'm running a ms661 with a 24 inch lo-pro bar and when I set it up in the mill I'm getting about a 1/4 inch droop on the nose of the bar as I try to align the bar with the top of the log supports. I've considered packing out the fixing nuts on the side of the saw before attaching the mounting plate, but am not convinced this will be accurate enough. The other option was to make a supporting arm that fixes to the mounting plate and attaches to the nose of the bar via a strong magnet, but obviously this is more work, and as I'm not a fabricator will take time and money.

Anybody got any thoughts on this, or other solutions I'd be glad to hear about them.

why a 25" bar on a farmers mill, unless you plan on doing some big stuff, may I sugest you move down to a 20" bar. give rob at chainsawbars.co.uk a mail and get a gb bars solid milling bar (logosol bars are now oregon, and are terrible). it takes a bit of time to set the top rail and lifting bars exactly parallel and the bar level to them, but intial time spent is worth it

• Like 1

54gka, the nut on the bottom of the lifting beams doesnt square them up, it only adjusts the position relative to the measurement, your only angle adjustment is in the top rail, you do this by the use of your twisting aticks and eye, a bit of wood exactly 2" thick is then used to set up the lifting beams to the bar, it takes me between 15 to 30 minutes every ttime I move my mill  to a new site ( after a  near complete strip so it fits in my van) also your ground  needs to be near level as you can get, or the feet shimmed to suit