D-Day Pricing! I'll fight them on these beeches, victory at £100?! Kiss mine...

TimberCutterDartmoor

These beech have all been FELLED. None were anywhere near 100ft tall. Perhaps 1 or 2 NEEDED to be cut down.

The tree that crushed the cars was absolutely rotten through with Ganoderma add/app and honey fungus. At 5m the stem rot was virtually complete. Root plate and buttress were powder and cornflakes.

No inspection was carried out on the trees hence the accident.

Perhaps if theyd taken me up on my offer last year they could be suing me rather than being sued themselves .....ho hum ; )

BTW they still missed the rotten Ustulina'd tree that I spotted from 50 yds away so perhaps there will be another story next year.

Had they all been shifted as well or just on the deck?

Pity they all had to go if they were still in decent nick as a knee jerk reaction to bad management:thumbdown:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know the whole story.

Many years ago I used to climb for a timber merchant, I dismantled a large beech next to a house for him.

He had won the job with a price of £200.

I told him he was mad, he just gave me a rye smile.

After I had stripped it to a pole, he felled it though a gap between two trees, cut it into lengths and loaded it onto his timber trailer.

He shot of down the road to a saw mill and was back within the hour, with a cheque for £250.

So he got £450 for the tree.

We don't know the whole story.

Many years ago I used to climb for a timber merchant, I dismantled a large beech next to a house for him.

He had won the job with a price of £200.

I told him he was mad, he just gave me a rye smile.

After I had stripped it to a pole, he felled it though a gap between two trees, cut it into lengths and loaded it onto his timber trailer.

He shot of down the road to a saw mill and was back within the hour, with a cheque for £250.

So he got £450 for the tree.

And he probably got something for the firewood too.:001_smile:

But he could have quoted £450 for the job and got a £250 bonus...

What if the saw mill rejected his timber as rubbish, shook or full of metal :001_smile:

The chance you take.We used to get a good bonus with an elm but the price has gone through the floor and they've become really fussy.