Affected By Carrilion?

5 shires

Following up on my thread last weekreference Carillion going tits,well as we all know now it's happened and was inevitable really,so my question is has anyone on Arbtalk been affected in any way shape or form and if so to what degree,it's a shameful episode and a disgrace this has been allowed to happen....some one needs to be held accountable for what's gone on and if you go higher enough there is always someone who agrees the contracts and signs the cheques.a lot of ordinary working peoples pensions will be affected but I doubt any of the main culprits will walk away with golden handshakes or even worse have squirrelled away thousands cause they knew this was coming long before it happens.funny how they have gone straight into liquidation?????

31 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

it's a shameful episode and a disgrace this has been allowed to happen

I agree. Those responsible for the decision making should not be allowed to walk into other management positions that affect people's lives as they have proven themselves totally unsuitable.

My fear is that things like this will continue to happen whilst society continues to glorify big business. Continually growing a business past any reasonable point is often seen as something that should be encouraged and praised.

I personally think small is beautiful in the case of almost any business venture. More people do better, wealth and risk is spread. The negative effects of failure are greatly diminished. We are constantly told however to 'think big'. Maybe we would be better 'thinking small' and making a damn good job of it?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

I agree. Those responsible for the decision making should not be allowed to walk into other management positions that affect people's lives as they have proven themselves totally unsuitable.

My fear is that things like this will continue to happen whilst society continues to glorify big business. Continually growing a business past any reasonable point is often seen as something that should be encouraged and praised.

I personally think small is beautiful in the case of almost any business venture. More people do better, wealth and risk is spread. The negative effects of failure are greatly diminished. We are constantly told however to 'think big'. Maybe we would be better 'thinking small' and making a damn good job of it?

I really think that if your are allowed to do so and given a free hand to do what you like things spiral out of control with out you being in control,it's like a runaway train,I don't think for one minute the people at the top of carillon had any intention of running it into the ground,but I do think they didn't know how to put the breaks on and spot what was going on until to late and didn't have the guts to stand up and say anything.i know for a fact carillion have been going cap in hand to the government for a couple of years on the quiet,the government have been keeping them afloat for ages but they have come to the trough once to often and the government have said no more which is why it has gone straight into liquidation before administration which is what normally happens..I totally agree Small is best,the other problem carillion had was most of the work was subbed out at source and they were getting there money upfront while there suppliers etc had the shit of having to wait 90 to 120 days..not saying all but the majority were waiting for payment and even then not getting the full payment cause of some legal loophole which carillion would use.lets get it back to one man one job...how can one company seriously give a first class service when they have all there fingers in all the pies..wankers..feel for the workers but not the company,I hope the likes of MacAlpine,Tarmac,Laing and all those great company's carillion pissed on are Ha being a little chuckle to themselves.?

• Like 2

Probably caused by a  nervous stockmarket , the wholesale dumping of shares middle of last year would have made the banks shit themselves, the rest is history. There is probably nothing wrong in the way the company was run.

Bob

Screenshot-2018-1-15 carillion shares - Google Search.png

5 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Probably caused by a  nervous stockmarket , the wholesale dumping of shares middle of last year would have made the banks shit themselves, the rest is history. There is probably nothing wrong in the way the company was run.

Bob

Screenshot-2018-1-15 carillion shares - Google Search.png

May be but these money people don't start dumping shares without good reason,and if that was the case who gave them the heads up...???? I hope it doesn't get swept under the carpet it stinks and similar to the bank crisis and they said it would happen again...seriously this country is run by people who couldn't run a corner sweet shop.

• Like 2

Yep..undercut everyone else used to be how it was but the difference with carillon they knew for some reason they would clear up on winning the contracts so could put in a think of a number price and double it and still get it..something smells very fishy...let's not hold our breath to find out the truth?

4 minutes ago, WesD said:

Who’s to blame for this happening?

A combination of things but ultimately it comes down to who runs the company ...if your or my business went tits we would have to look no further then ourselves because we are accountable at the end of the day and all said and done.

• Like 2