BANAMAN Videos (Sheffield Trees)

BANAMAN

My opinion on this matter living close to Sheffield I also know some of the Acorn team great bunch of hardworking lads just going out to do a job which is perfectly legal and is being paid for by the rate payers of Sheffield.

Its ok having a passion about trees but if you have got to live daily with pavements that have ruts in them bigger than a camels hump damage to boundary walls kerbstones raised 6inches higher than they should be then you would want something done about it.The trees have outgrown their surroundings . The council has limited resources so the sensible and practical option is to remove and replant . The trees in question all started out as saplings it is a rolling programme they aren't chopping every tree down in one operation and not replacing them.

But whatever you do not everyone will be happy but for these idiots to go into work areas hanging on to trees and giving the lads on the ground abuse they deserve all they get imo they should be arrested and charged with obstructing someones  lawful business but the police stand there like lemons. If one were to get injured it wouldn't be their fault I have worked on fracking sites the protestors were a mix of 10% locals and 90% social drop outs who we are keeping  that have made protesting a profession who exaggerate the truth, make biased videos as propaganda  to make their opponents look incompetent. When it comes down to it do these protestors represent the majority of sheffields residents probably not.

If you don't agree with something you have an opportunity when things go to planning or in this case council policy meetings to have your say that is the democracy we live in. If it doesn't go your way man up and accept it this work has been sanctioned by your elected members if you want a voice stand for council at the next election lets see how many votes you get

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BANAMAN said:

However, I am not responsible for individual arbs accounts in their actions, everybody is accountable for their own

Apparently not we are all just learning that there is no free will and any choice we make is our computer giving us a pat on the back and giving us the mirage that we made a choice but the truth is conditions, variables and information guides our subconscious into guiding us down a path based on past experiences, rational thinking and data processing so you see we cant be acountable for our actions as we didn’t have the free will to chose them. 

Using the other thread as my guide I dont blame anyone for protesting it really isn’t their fault they are running on commodore 64’s. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maria warwick said:

But Sheffield County Council have a contract with Amey for 2.2 billion pounds....

If you have seen the state of sheffields roads before they took over I am surprised they can do it for that it  I believe the contract period is 25 years . There is a vast improvement in the roads from previous local authority run maintenance programme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WesD said:

Apparently not we are all just learning that there is no free will and any choice we make is our computer giving us a pat on the back and giving us the mirage that we made a choice but the truth is conditions, variables and information guides our subconscious into guiding us down a path based on past experiences, rational thinking and data processing so you see we cant be acountable for our actions as we didn’t have the free will to chose them. 

Using the other thread as my guide I dont blame anyone for protesting it really isn’t their fault they are running on commodore 64’s. 

wicked, it doesnt make life any less remarkable, but I do believe all of that

12 hours ago, Khriss said:

There is a lot of perfectly sound legislation for tree and habitat protection in the UK , the shame of it- is it is poorly implemented or missunderstood , development sites , woodland and highways / street trees , frankly , I will Not remove trees of value without a justification , and the longer I have been in the job , the more I will demand that . K

Your view is good, however this is what most of the campaigners are not hearing from Sheffield City Council / Amey and in my opinion, if a tree is healthy and it is not causing any problems, it would be rational to ask why that tree has to be removed. 1 because it is good for the environment to stay and 2 because it is beautiful & 3 it has a problem that could be fixed by an engineering solution that has been accounted for already. It appears to be on the street that Sheffield City Council / Amey are removing healthy trees that are not causing problems and from what I have heard from the campaigners, they are questioning why the engineering solutions are not being implemented for healthy trees that can be rectified where the problems are... Also, the engineering solutions are prepaid for within the PFI contract...! This is another item that is not being accounted for within the PFI contract and the campaigners are frustrated with both Sheffield City Council / Amey for not using the engineering solutions in cases were healthy street trees have been removed already...! Acorn the subcontractor are the ones taking the full force of the campaigners due to the senior managements not allegedly debating the campaign with reasoned minds. It is also alleged that the Independent Tree Report that Sheffield City Council implemented in order to justify their actions, actually went against Sheffield City Council and then they ignored it till months afterwards in the hope it will just go away...! This is another item that the campaigners are frustrated about...! Sheffield City Council have had their chances to put their point forward, Amey PLC have also had the opportunity to put their points forward and Acorn including the arbs have had their chance to put their point forward... The problem why none of them have, is because all involved have been instructed not to talk about the ongoing PFI contract and ground works with me...! This also explains a lot why my video's look biased, it's a combination of shut up and just do your work and individual arbs getting frustrated at the ongoing problems that they have to encounter on a daily basis... All it takes is rational thinking and a good frame of mine in order to do your best and do the job that you believe you have to do, wether it's controversial, argumentative or not. Hopefully this information will help understand my own dilemma about looking biased as all the information I present, is based on all the information I receive, all it takes is everybody's points of views if they can and are allowed to state them without fear of loosing their jobs. I value your opinion K, it takes people like yourself to make a difference wether you agree with me or not :-)

Edited by BANAMAN
Update information

12 hours ago, bankhouse builder said:

My opinion on this matter living close to Sheffield I also know some of the Acorn team great bunch of hardworking lads just going out to do a job which is perfectly legal and is being paid for by the rate payers of Sheffield.

Its ok having a passion about trees but if you have got to live daily with pavements that have ruts in them bigger than a camels hump damage to boundary walls kerbstones raised 6inches higher than they should be then you would want something done about it.The trees have outgrown their surroundings . The council has limited resources so the sensible and practical option is to remove and replant . The trees in question all started out as saplings it is a rolling programme they aren't chopping every tree down in one operation and not replacing them.

But whatever you do not everyone will be happy but for these idiots to go into work areas hanging on to trees and giving the lads on the ground abuse they deserve all they get imo they should be arrested and charged with obstructing someones  lawful business but the police stand there like lemons. If one were to get injured it wouldn't be their fault I have worked on fracking sites the protestors were a mix of 10% locals and 90% social drop outs who we are keeping  that have made protesting a profession who exaggerate the truth, make biased videos as propaganda  to make their opponents look incompetent. When it comes down to it do these protestors represent the majority of sheffields residents probably not.

If you don't agree with something you have an opportunity when things go to planning or in this case council policy meetings to have your say that is the democracy we live in. If it doesn't go your way man up and accept it this work has been sanctioned by your elected members if you want a voice stand for council at the next election lets see how many votes you get

I think you have got a great belief that I would present in the way you state it, If there are more people like you willing to speak on the record, even with a blurred out face, I am sure this will go a long way in helping to get this point across from your's and quite possibly other peoples points of views. However, I understand for what ever reason you might not want to state on camera, but if you ever did, I would be more than happy to get this in the public domain as it is your news, not mine!

Edited by BANAMAN
Spelling mistake

11 hours ago, WesD said:

Your reasoning is a fair analysis and can contribute to the decisions we make as individuals as we encounter certain situations in life... The heat of the moment can make any individual say or do something that they might well do say or do differently, but at the same time, each individual as for as I am concerned, can always rectify a problem that may have been caused intentionally or not by the way of dealing with the future and learn from what we say or do...! For the record, in some of my videos, the arbs depicted, we now have a better understanding of each other and it was only yesterday that we were pleasantly talking about the problems in the past and the problems they still have to endure, but unless they state this on the record, my hands are tied and I will accept that I am perceived to be biased...!

6 minutes ago, BANAMAN said:

The heat of the moment can make any individual say or do something that they might well do say or do differently

It is just another variable your computer deals with the outcome is still decided by your subconscious not your free will. 

I think thats how it goes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WesD said:

It is just another variable your computer deals with the outcome is still decided by your subconscious not your free will. 

I think thats how it goes. 

And for this very reason, we can reflect on what we did in the past and meet up and set the record straight...! This will then help to put past experiences into better context. The same thing can be said for Sheffield City Council / Amey, all they need to do is engage with the campaigners and not claim that they have done and that it gets them nowhere... This in my opinion looks to me like Sheffield City Council / Amey have closed the door on the campaigners and this is why the arbs and ground workers are struggling with what is presented to them on a daily basis... All because Sheffield City Council / Amey won't talk anymore...! Well I must say that Sheffield City Council / Amey appear to have a very big dilemma in their hands which from their actions in the past, don't look very good for their futures...! I come to this conclusion based on my interactions with Sheffield City Council / Amey and the campaigners and until something changes with Sheffield City Council / Amey for whatever that reason might be, then this problem may only end up getting worse...!