Forestry Felling

Spruce Pirate

1 hour ago, bigtreedon said:

Good video enjoyed that how do u get on with your 576xp I just didn't click with mine am looking forward to a 572xp in the new year ?

Quite like it at the moment, but only had it a month or two and this job is its first real bit of work.  It's an auto-tune so we'll see how it stands the test of time.  So far its been grand, pulling a 24" bar and going through 5L or so of fuel a day without any problems.  Heated handles are great in this weather.

Think I'll leave the 572 a wee while before getting one, looks nice on the vids Husky have put up, but I'd rather let others do their product testing for them than get one of the first ones.  As far as I can see they've tested them all over the world in all climatic conditions, except the incessant rain that we get here, so if anyone from Husky is reading this I'd be happy to give it a wet weather test! :D

Quite like it at the moment, but only had it a month or two and this job is its first real bit of work.  It's an auto-tune so we'll see how it stands the test of time.  So far its been grand, pulling a 24" bar and going through 5L or so of fuel a day without any problems.  Heated handles are great in this weather.

Think I'll leave the 572 a wee while before getting one, looks nice on the vids Husky have put up, but I'd rather let others do their product testing for them than get one of the first ones.  As far as I can see they've tested them all over the world in all climatic conditions, except the incessant rain that we get here, so if anyone from Husky is reading this I'd be happy to give it a wet weather test! [emoji3]

I no what u are saying about not wanting to be a guinea pig buying the first of a new saw series I made the mistake of buying a 575xp it was [emoji90]

6 hours ago, slack ma girdle said:

Good honest felling, wel done. Did you have the pleasure of trimming out, or was there a handy machine?

There's a few big ones further up to sned out, but all the stuff in the video went straight through the head.  You can see the machine in a couple of shots moving and processing stems.  JD 1270 if you're into that sort of thing.

22 hours ago, bigtreedon said:

I no what u are saying about not wanting to be a guinea pig buying the first of a new saw series I made the mistake of buying a 575xp it was emoji90.png

I think I only ever saw one 575 in the flesh.  Our dealer said they wouldn't sell me one!  That's how much they thought of it.  Be interesting to see how the 572 does when it hits the mass market, big shoes to fill trying to replace the 372.

23 hours ago, the village idiot said:

Great stuff! Wish the trees in my Wood would grow like that.

Can't remember the last dead straight, non-leaning tree I felled.

Most of them are pretty straight, there's a few of the larch were quite bendy and leany, but you don't really see it in the video.

They've grown pretty well, the map shows it as being P. 54 so a lot of them are pretty skinny for 53 years old, getting heights of between 25 and 30m on average.  I don't have a yield table to hand to work out the Yield Class, but can't be too bad.  Pretty clean for the most part too.