Husqvarna online store

Steve Bullman

1 hour ago, pike said:

Its all good for dealers as husky point customers in there direction with any warrenty problems or other issues!.While still wanting dealers to take stock to sell.Cake and eat it springs to mind

There isn't anything good about sorting warranties and other issues out I can tell you than for nothing!xD

Their are some benefits to it but I can see there being a few problems with this scheme as well but time will tell,. We have had to sign up to it but I havent read all the small print yet.

Lots of changes going on at Husqvarna for the new year. 

I was in the PC industry and Dell had the strategy of a direct model of supply........ manufacturer direct to the end user and most others had the more common strategy of ........manufacturer to distributor to reseller to end user. 

The direct strategy is usually taken to reduce the levels of supply and therefore handing the manufacturer a larger margin and usually undermines the added value a good distributor or reseller can add to the sale.

Dell eventually rescinded after taking a beating from tablet sales and took the more typical distribution model rather than the direct supply route and have since invested in acquisitions at a tangent from PC system building.

Interesting times, it will be interesting to see what happens in the next six months but would have thought strengthening their supply channel and ensuring a decent spare parts channel would be better then unsettling their agents as I would think this would do!

20 hours ago, petercb said:

Just had a quick look at the website - part time and occasional use products only but why would you pay £575 for a 450 when you can buy it for £424 online even if you get a combi can and 2 year warranty? 

If that is the case, Husqvarna are using it as a marketing tool so products come up on google etc. That is the only way a manufacturer should run an online shop - just as a marketing tool and not as a sales vehicle to undercut/undermine the agents!

22 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

There isn't anything good about sorting warranties and other issues out I can tell you than for nothing!xD

Their are some benefits to it but I can see there being a few problems with this scheme as well but time will tell,. We have had to sign up to it but I havent read all the small print yet.

Lots of changes going on at Husqvarna for the new year. 

Yes we are husky dealers ourselves ,we get shafted by the warranty thing time and time again sadly,We will see how it pans out ,

I dare say,  depending on the customers post code, the dealer in that area will get paid the commission from the manufacturer. As if they'd gone into the shop.  They have to get something out of it, I mean if a click and collect from local dealer would involve unbox, fuel oil and run up to make sure all is well.

35 minutes ago, lurkalot said:

I dare say, depending on the customers post code, the dealer in that area will get paid the commission from the manufacturer. As if they'd gone into the shop...

All pigs well fed and ready for take off. I can't see dealer comission happening.

I had a look at the site this morning and is pitched at home-owner saws where a bit of dealer advice & help can go a long way to build customer relationships which then lead to further sales.

I think if it was just click & collect from your selected dealer, that would be accpetable but it looks to me like the first shots of Husqvarna dipping their toe in the direct sales pond, which in my opinion is not good for the dealer network which is already pushed hard.

My 10 cents worth.

Edited by NFG
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NFG said:

I think if it was just click & collect from your selected dealer, that would be accpetable but it looks to me like the first shots of Husqvarna dipping their toe in the direct sales pond, which in my opinion is not good for the dealer network which is already pushed hard.

Must admit I was referring to the click and collect part in my last reply, and not the direct sales. (I missed the point completely).  Direct sales isn't a good idea, but the prices direct from manufacturer are usually much higher than the local dealer from what I've seen in the past.  Wonder what will happen when someone make a purchase, then walks into the dealer to find they could of saved another hundred quid buying from there instead.   Perhaps some sort of  ploy to stop heavy discounting from the box shifters.

Isn't it strange how things have turned around nowadays.  Years ago the manufacturer would send out reps to beg dealers to take them on and sell their products.  Now they want you to beg, and charge you huge amounts of money for display equipment etc for the privilege.

I think you'll find that is the same everywhere, every large business is focused on sales figures, margins, profits and share prices et all, which they analyses to the extreme.

Whilst customers are almost an inconvenience.

• Like 1