Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

One Brexit effect felt by my family is that my wifes 'carte de sejour' or residency card was recently renewed and instead of a 5year was only given 2years. 

New arrivals from the U.K who wish to start a business in France, now often have to endure a rigourous inspection of several hours. Quals, experience, competance in the chosen trade etc all noted and evaluated. The French can and will reject people who they feel are not genuine entreprenures.

The aim of this is to ensure the prospective entreprenure is capable of running a viable business and is not just trying to get into the health system where they might become a burden (foreign body) who doesn't pay in.

In general, apart from the above changes, no-body here cares much about what the capricious neighbour across La Manche is doing to itself.

Ty

27 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

unfortunately Stubby all I can do is make an educated guess.. 

My guess is the most damage after the economy will be politics..

As it is I'm already expecting a dam to burst over the coming months..  maybe an Autumn election this time round...   

I can see May being replaced and her replacement being a hardline brexiteer, whoever that is will be forced to go to the country for a mandate..    by then people will have had enough.   I expect the Tories to be wiped out at the ballot box on election night....

Trouble is, if I know that so do the Tories...   they're in a bind..   

All I can think is, its gonna get so bad whoever lights the fuse will of passed caring by then....  a sort of, let em vote and be damned.

Ever the optimist vesp!

23 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Hahahahaha...  just looking at the evidence and guessing which road its gonna send us all down..   

There is no evidence of what it will be like, just scaremongering and guess work based on scaremongering and guess work. 

• Like 6

unfortunately Stubby all I can do is make an educated guess.. 

My guess is the most damage after the economy will be politics..

As it is I'm already expecting a dam to burst over the coming months..  maybe an Autumn election this time round...   

I can see May being replaced and her replacement being a hardline brexiteer, whoever that is will be forced to go to the country for a mandate..    by then people will have had enough.   I expect the Tories to be wiped out at the ballot box on election night....

Trouble is, if I know that so do the Tories...   they're in a bind..   

All I can think is, its gonna get so bad whoever lights the fuse will of passed caring by then....  a sort of, let em vote and be damned.

It’s not America we vote for local candidates not the leader in this country.
So hopefully she will get booted out and we get that hardline brexiteer. No need (IMO) for another election since the tories have formed a government with a little help
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

It’s not America we vote for local candidates not the leader in this country.
So hopefully she will get booted out and we get that hardline brexiteer. No need (IMO) for another election since the tories have formed a government with a little help

errmm  be careful what you wish for is all I'm sayin..  people wanted brexit, look were its took us..

Instead of strong and  stable government what have we got?..  I'll leave that  to the retards to figure that out!!!.. yes, if you voted brexit, your a retard..   I warned people what would happen and still they hadn't the brains to stop themselves..  what a bunch of loons..

By the way, if the tories get shut of May and replace her with a brexiteer, within days theres gonna be open rebellion..  in fact I wish they would select Doris, it'd do me a favour..

1 hour ago, Haironyourchest said:

Nigel was talking about an upcoming UK vote on the EU military union, on Monday. I forget the details, it's all on LBC the NF show from last night or the night before. Media blackout around the issue, but it's critical.

Farage is an idiot, whats his concern if Europe has an army? that numpty is only concerned because he knows one day it might be turned on us, due to him..

Thats why he blathers on about it so much..   me on the other hand don't give a monkeys if europe has an army, with us in the union we'd be leading it...  seein as our soldiers know how to fight a damned war when it comes...   

Edited by Vespasian

30 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Farage is an idiot, whats his concern if Europe has an army? that numpty is only concerned because he knows one day it might be turned on us, due to him..

Thats why he blathers on about it so much..   me on the other hand don't give a monkeys if europe has an army, with us in the union we'd be leading it...  seein as our soldiers know how to fight a damned war when it comes...   

The problem is that the British armed forces may become part of the EU army, regardless of Brexit, if the vote goes the wrong way - that's my understanding of the issue anyway. If that happens the British military will be subject to EU control and may be forced to participate in wars initiated by EU leadership. Would you be ok with that state of affairs?