Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

25 minutes ago, matelot said:

I think one thing that is "clear" is that certain thread subjects are more interesting than others. Brexit is probably the biggest political issue that the UK has faced in the last 50 years. It's strange that people are coming onto a thread in the "General Chat" area of Arbtalk to suggest we shouldn't be discussing it....

We voted for Brexit because Bremoaners hadn't been listening to the concerns of people for decades. It looks like Bremoaners haven't learned any lessons and still want to shut down discussion when someone says something they don't like.

I wish you wouldn't lump us remainers into the same basket..

I'm as concerned as you in regards why people voted brexit, only my solutions are less painful.. stay in Europe and change from within...

Its not like Angela Merkle isn't having problems of her own because she's a complete idiot.. one of the sticking points in her negotiations with her other coalition partners is, they are competing to be as hard as possible on immigration..

Seems the message has eventually got through..   

Meanwhile our own Mr May has decided 40 billion is better than twenty, I see fifty being accepted as enough to move on to trade talks.

If we're going to be paying 40 to 50 billion and Merkle has come to her senses, then its time to reconsider our options... stay in the EU, send the gunboats to the Med.. problem solved.

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I'm as concerned as you in regards why people voted brexit, only my solutions are less painful.. stay in Europe and change from within...

Do you really think the EU can be reformed? David Cameron tried to get some concessions and he got absolutely nothing.

What annoys me about the EU is that we never even voted to join a united Europe in the first place!! In 1973 we voted to join a European trade block, this then morphed into the EU. In 2015 we voted for Brexit and now we have politicians that want another referendum so we can have our say...

I have to admit I have untold contempt for the Liberal Democrats. For 40 years they didn't want a referendum on Europe and then we get Brexit and they're suddenly keen for a second referendum so we can have our say?? Where were they between 1973 and 2015?

Democracy really shouldn't work like this.

12 minutes ago, matelot said:

Do you really think the EU can be reformed? David Cameron tried to get some concessions and he got absolutely nothing.

Cameron was an idiot..  instead of bleating to the EU about their immigrants coming to Britain, he might of reflected on our own policies over the years.  

Half the immigrants to Britain are from None EU countries...   its a problem brought on us by ourselves.. obviously emulating the economic model of the Americans..

My Bolam

Errrm, I might be wrong be didn't we fight the Germans because we were afraid Germany represented a threat to our country and Empire..   which was odd when you consider losing the Empire was the end result of paying to fight the germans in the first place..

Seems Mr Churchill was a bit of tit..   wasn't aware that wars cost lots and lots of money..  Money we spent to save ourselves, not so much the Europeans...

So, why should the Europeans pay off our war debts that were spent to save our Empire?... doesn't seem right does it!!..

9 minutes ago, matelot said:

What annoys me about the EU is that we never even voted to join a united Europe in the first place!! In 1973 we voted to join a European trade block, this then morphed into the EU. In 2015 we voted for Brexit and now we have politicians that want another referendum so we can have our say...

I have to admit I have untold contempt for the Liberal Democrats. For 40 years they didn't want a referendum on Europe and then we get Brexit and they're suddenly keen for a second referendum so we can have our say?? Where were they between 1973 and 2015?

Democracy really shouldn't work like this.

Democracy is about listening to the will of the people, and protecting the people from themselves, Brexit a case in point.

6 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Cameron was an idiot..  instead of bleating to the EU about their immigrants coming to Britain, he might of reflected on our own policies over the years.  

Half the immigrants to Britain are from None EU countries...   its a problem brought on us by ourselves.. obviously emulating the economic model of the Americans..

My Bolam

Errrm, I might be wrong be didn't we fight the Germans because we were afraid Germany represented a threat to our country and Empire..   which was odd when you consider losing the Empire was the end result of paying to fight the germans in the first place..

Seems Mr Churchill was a bit of tit..   wasn't aware that wars cost lots and lots of money..  Money we spent to save ourselves, not so much the Europeans...

So, why should the Europeans pay off our war debts that were spent to save our Empire?... doesn't seem right does it!!..

To the victors go the spoils....!

7 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Democracy is about listening to the will of the people, and protecting the people from themselves, Brexit a case in point.

Tony Blair wants the UK to stay in the EU. You really trust his judgement?

You'd have to be blind not to see the damage the EU has done to the UK and the British people. While at the same time Bremoaners seem incapable to articulate why the EU was good for Britain.

Apart from petty insults do you have any arguments as to why we should remain in the EU?