Media Brainwashing

matelot

3 minutes ago, matelot said:

At last we can all agree that migration puts pressure on public services....

The government does a lot to reduce pressure on the NHS by banning smoking in pubs and making seat belts compulsory etc.... Reducing migration is a way the pressure on the NHS could be reduced...

The choice we have is that keep public services or continue to allow in migrants that are a burden to us. There's just not enough money to provide healthcare for every person that wants to come to Britain.

I think you may have gone off half cocked on this post.

1 hour ago, matelot said:

Are you a Labour politician or something? It's been clear the political class have been ignoring the concerns of the electorate for a long time concerning immigration.....

Errrrm, I dont mean to worry you but, erm, Labour.  They are not in power at the moment.  They haven't been in power for a little while now to be honest.

Sorry

2. Some bizarre argument that migration is OK because we're all descended from migrants.

21 hours ago, Bolt said:

In order to disprove my fact, let's have the dates when there was no immigration to these Isles. 

I asked you ages ago for when the no-migration golden age was.

You ignored my post, which is not surprising as it is how you operate.

Do you really think that this exact point of time is the point when we should pull up the draw bridge?

These arguments have been churned out for decades.

Were all you predecessors just crying wolf when they said that the current set of migrants were going to destroy our society?  If so, that's a bummer.  Cheers guys.

You seem to have your stock phrases and you just keep wheeling them out.

I must say though, that although you appear to find genetics, anthropology and evolution bizarre, I cannot claim credit for them as they are generally considered as scientific fact.  Amazing eh?  The things you learn if only you can open your mind.

Edited by Bolt

You're either fascinated by what I write or you have some infatuation with me...

First, I must admit I ridiculed you a bit, which was rude of me.

Then you mentioned the adult debate, and I thought 'well, what the heck, could be a bit of a laugh'.

I do find though that having a debate is not easy when its all one sided.

Twice you have said you that you were going to reignite the debate, and each time you have failed to engage.

You ask a question, and I give an answer.  I generally slip in a sneaky little question of my own, just to keep things moving along.

Unfortunately, at this point it always fall apart.

When I make a 'sub-standard argument' you ignore it.  For you this is the WORST thing you can do.

Have a debating hint for free....

When you ignore my 'sub-standard argument' if gives the impression to me and any unfortunate soul that has crossed this thread that you are completely stumped and can think of no answer, no come back, no killer response.

When I ask one of my 'badly phrased questions' you ignore it (even if you include my quote in your post) and make a different point.

What you want to do (and I shouldn't really be telling you this, but I feel sorry that I was rude earlier, and your thread / debate has become a bit of a disaster for you) is to take my post, and ruthlessly take it apart line by line, savaging my naive ideas, disproving my poorly presented facts, destroying my heart felt content and leaving me in a state of shock, shame and embarrassment.

Ignoring me does not forward you position.

No on else seems to 'debate' with you.  If you wont engage me, maybe you should try somewhere else?

How about you have a quick skim through the last couple of pages (no need to go too far back, eh) and see how it goes?

• Like 1

yet again, this subject descends into petty insults and allegations. No wonder the Government can't deal with the situation...people cant even talk sensibly about it. Of course the UK needs migration, every Country does. What we need to do is look at other Countries immigration systems and have a controlled, workable policy. It doesn't take the brains of an Archbishop to see that the open borders of the EUs Schengen zone are unsustainable. My mate is serving with the UK Border Force in the Med, he told me people are paying between 2,000 and 10,000 Euro's to be taken out to sea and 'rescued' and brought to the European mainland...sometimes 300 miles from where they were picked up...10 miles from the shore. Somebody is making £millions out of this...and the EU wants it to happen. This is the tip of the iceberg...it has to be dealt with effectively...now.

1 hour ago, arbogrunt said:

yet again, this subject descends into petty insults and allegations. 

What on earth do you mean petty?

4 hours ago, matelot said:

A rational observer would probably think I've added more to arbtalk than you have.... 

I have 'won two days', you have won none.

The rational observer would choose me.

Edited by Bolt
  • Like 2

On 02/11/2017 at 21:52, Joe Newton said:

Let's play a game of ignore the troll:

If this is the very last post apart from the OP then perhaps this forum could continue to grow as it has been these past weeks.

Over to you tree friend's...

Now that sounds like a plan.:thumbup1:

Ooops, looks like it went down hill fairly quickly!

I think matelot and vespian could got some of their points across better if they didn't sound like crazy hating crazymen. You really are not doing yourselves a favour. Honesty you sound like a big fat white texan shouting that black men are eating our women and sleeping with our food. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, matelot said:

Over to you Bolt. You now give us three reasons why migration is so good...

As you haven't ripped through my post "What have migrants ever done for the UK. #1" (bottom of page 14,) in the style of a '46 Ford ripping through a Delorian as if it were tin foil, do I take it you concede the points i raised?

You were originally up for an additional two reasons. I thought it best to drip feed 'em.