Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

30 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Can't see an electrical cable - I'm guessing it should need one to switch from grab to rotate??  Looks like an attractive price.

From the description-

Comes with a 12v diverter valve to give you both grab and rotate functions.

(this requires wiring into a 12v source, no wiring supplied)

looks a good design, HEV seem to be doing lots of quality Arb grabs now.

• Like 2

I kind of remember a thread about forestry grabs where one in particular (can't remember which) was found to be 'weak' in the grab.  Shouldn't be so much of a problem with a scaled down version - probably wouldn't get as much abuse as a big-boy forestry grab.

@Mick Dempsey (that always seems a bit impolite, like a finger poked in the chest :$ not meant as such :D)

Do you have a silage grab AND log grab Mick?  I've got silage grab which I've used for brash and log before, just wondering if the log grab provides additional benefits that might make it worth having both?? 

Yes Kevin, I do have both. I’m also a member on a yankee forum where I questioned, at length (as a sceptic) the advantages of a log grab.

I was swayed by the conviction of the yanks about the usefulness of a “knockabout” ie free rotating log grab and ordered one.

Its a brilliant attachement for tree work, The silage grab is good, once you have shortened the bottom tines and ground off the “wisdom teeth”

The BMG design grapple, however, is the bee’s knees. It’s much lighter so gives you more lift, and means you can pull long branchs lengthways without resorting to a chain/strop.

some pics...

14918278-2B3C-4ADE-96E5-F0525EF48B8A.jpeg

D200F3B5-45CF-4D60-A978-BD292A1DB6A1.jpeg

E06605EA-50AB-4838-8EDB-956E540C91CC.jpeg

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yes Kevin, I do have both. I’m also a member on a yankee forum where I questioned, at length (as a sceptic) the advantages of a log grab.

I was swayed by the conviction of the yanks about the usefulness of a “knockabout” ie free rotating log grab and ordered one.

Its a brilliant attachement for tree work, The silage grab is good, once you have shortened the bottom tines and ground off the “wisdom teeth”

The BMG design grapple, however, is the bee’s knees. It’s much lighter so gives you more lift, and means you can pull long branchs lengthways without resorting to a chain/strop.

some pics...

14918278-2B3C-4ADE-96E5-F0525EF48B8A.jpeg

D200F3B5-45CF-4D60-A978-BD292A1DB6A1.jpeg

E06605EA-50AB-4838-8EDB-956E540C91CC.jpeg

Understood!  VMT!!

Another advantage of a BMG over a grab or bucket is the ability to reach over a fence and pickup logs or brash.Also you can place logs over the side of the  truck without having to drop them.I have a six ton tip truck and i can stack the truck from the back with logs up to full reach of the loader

on mine we can reach over a  1500 mm  fence ( that's the standard fence height here) and  easily pickup decent sized logs.

For smaller loaders you don't really need a rotator and it is quite easy to manipulate  the grapple without one.

the advantage of having a longer mounting plate means that you can pickup a bigger log length ways as the weight/leverage is then closer to the loader,also keeps logs away from the hydraulics.

Make a 1800 mm stick rake that slots into the upright and on big jobs hand raking is  another thing of the past!

Edited by kimtree

6 hours ago, kimtree said:

Another advantage of a BMG over a grab or bucket is the ability to reach over a fence and pickup logs or brash.Also you can place logs over the side of the  truck without having to drop them.I have a six ton tip truck and i can stack the truck from the back with logs up to full reach of the loader

on mine we can reach over a  1500 mm  fence ( that's the standard fence height here) and  easily pickup decent sized logs.

For smaller loaders you don't really need a rotator and it is quite easy to manipulate  the grapple without one.

the advantage of having a longer mounting plate means that you can pickup a bigger log length ways as the weight/leverage is then closer to the loader,also keeps logs away from the hydraulics.

Make a 1800 mm stick rake that slots into the upright and on big jobs hand raking is  another thing of the past!

We’re going to need some pictures of this “stick rake”