Do you even lift bro?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• never
    • daily, cardio based
    • daily, weighlifting based
    • every other day, cardio based
    • every other day, weighlifting based
  2. 2. Do you think regular exercise would benefit the average arb worker?

Let's hear some bench stats of all you gym sharks I have red pages and pages of squatting prowess and now it's deads there is another very important discipline that's bench press no half reps or not touching your chest full range of motion slight pause at the bottom

I managed the bar on its own for 3 x 10 tonight[emoji23] first go... maybe I shouldn’t have said that!
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

I dont bench press but i bench with dumbells,my PB is 2x45kgs dbells for 8 reps.

Im a slow twitch guy so my weights are never gonna be big and impressive.

But heres a thought

You have 2 guys

First guy benches 100kg for 10 reps 

2nd guy benches 75kg for 20 reps

Whos strongest?

Answer is neither of the them

Neither one could do what the other did..

Lookin forward to reading about fast twitch guys bench numbers..

Big j--'Id wager you can push some serious weight..

Not any more. Used to be able to do 140kg for a single on narrow grip, but I gained virtually nothing on the bench for years. I did 137.5kg wide grip aged about 20 and then switched to narrow to focus on tricep strength and only put 2.5kg on it in 3 years. Overhead went right up though, and I was able to do 115kg push press on both the bar and log.

• Like 1

Not any more. Used to be able to do 140kg for a single on narrow grip, but I gained virtually nothing on the bench for years. I did 137.5kg wide grip aged about 20 and then switched to narrow to focus on tricep strength and only put 2.5kg on it in 3 years. Overhead went right up though, and I was able to do 115kg push press on both the bar and log.
A bench plan is required I doing one at the moment to try and break my PB it's actually very rewarding watching your numbers go up even though a small amount if complete all the it's guaranteed your final lift should be what u have aimed for i am hoping for 200kg in a few as long as my body stays injury free
  • Like 1

We all gotta start somewhere richard kerp it up and your weights will go up

[emoji23][emoji23] I did do 2 x 5 @40kg (20kg weights on each thing/side of machine on chest press machine)
Didn’t feel to work the same though and besides that I want to go up very slowly on the free weights especially so I don’t hurt myself.
I used the machines when I went to health club type gym years ago no free weights all machines with cables lifting the plates so this is first time with actual weights.
  • Like 2

A bench plan is required I doing one at the moment to try and break my PB it's actually very rewarding watching your numbers go up even though a small amount if complete all the it's guaranteed your final lift should be what u have aimed for i am hoping for 200kg in a few as long as my body stays injury free

How much time do you spend lifting each day/week whatever to allow you to get anywhere near these weights. I see from an earlier post you’ve been going for many years but presumably you have to go a lot to keep it up?

Training with weights is completely individual,some will benefit most from 3 days training,some 4 or 5 with some twice a day every day(usually bodybuilders)

It greatly depends on a whole host of variables,age,body fat,diet,are you carrying injuries,time constraints,do you get a good sleep etc the list could go on and on.

Best thing to do is try 3 days a week or every 2nd day if your really keen and just gauge how you feel at the end of a 4 week trial period-you will know if your over doing it as you'll be cream crackered!

Put other important protocols in order eg diet.Diet is the number 1 stumblimg block for 95% of gym goers myself included-i like pizza and ice cream,who doesnt,but try to eat as healthy as you can,its pretty simple if you look on youtube etc-there are lots of good quality nutrition plans out there.

Dont get into a really tough denial type eating plan as it wont help you recover from your workouts,just be senseable.

We all know the kind of foods we shouldnt be eating so just apply common sense but dont be too hard on yourself if you slip now and again-we all do-and life is for enjoying,not just for gyming.

Keep us posted how your doin mate

• Like 1