Toro grinders?

Chris Day

It's time to buy a proper grinder, the rock machinery pedestrian affair is not quite quick enough anymore. 

Anyone used the toro machines? I've had the smaller tracked one on hire a couple of times and it seems ok, however they make a bigger one with more POWER! The smaller one seems poor on anything but a flat surface. But at the price they are very attractive.

So have you used the 38hp toro? Any good? 

My main issue with these machines is that they are petrol, but the comparable (ish) diesel machines are 30hp not 38 and considerably more expensive. To the point where a huge amount of red diesel has to be burnt to recover the difference. 

So I want a 30-40hp tracked grinder, I want the toro to be the answer because it's cheap and I'm a Yorkshire lad! However convince me I'm wrong and provide me a better option. 

It would be worth getting to see a zt. Yes you may have to wait abit longer but you ll have a much better machine, warranty and used value will be better later down the line. And with all bandit gear it's pretty much bomb proof. Maybe ask dean if any one local has one to see in action. Or Maybe message grey git and travel up north to see one(hope he doesn't mind me volunteering him for this) I think it would be worth the travel. I know if I was still in tree work I would have upgraded my vermeer 252 to one of these. Probably ordered one without even seeing one too.

I know you are probably right, the zt is the way to go. Re-sale is not really relevant for me as I buy kit and run it until it. Is basically scrap value before changing. Nay mini digger is 18 years old and going strong! 

I shall all pm mr git as seeing one in the flesh is always worthwhile.