Sena headset on Petzl lid

Joe Newton

So got mine properly wired in and I'm fairly pleased.

The wires are pretty well hidden and I've put 2 layers of heat shrink on the exposed wires to protect them.

Massive thanks to Niel and Don for their advice.

20170908_210244.thumb.jpg.a8a680abb0c1937ac2a20263164bb59d.jpg20170908_210226.thumb.jpg.d5af399ba6f2880083bd5f358aba7e25.jpg20170908_210210.thumb.jpg.5a1b06796c057229179a8a5ab4d56886.jpg20170908_210155.thumb.jpg.ece4be6c144df7ce79e8ed1c344450ea.jpg20170908_210144.thumb.jpg.aed38576d9a65a0c69ebe7af1af221b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Looks good.

Welcome to the world of SENAs.
Give it a week and you'll wonder how you worked without them.

Just a thought.
I'd be cautious about putting the battery on the inside of the helmet.
What happens if you get an impact there, do you get a battery in the back of your head?

Neat job with the shrink wrap.
Wires coming out work well with that style of Petzl helmet.

Regards Neil

Personal I'd put the battery at the back so you can use the slot to feed the wire through.

11b3f95ea1bd982b924ddb62c7c32fca.jpg

My point was on the outside of the helmet, not the inside.
Probably just being over cautious and just my opinion.

Regards Neil

I want massively fond of the battery mounting bracket, looks like there's potential for that to pop out in dense trees.

A quick word of warning. I know a few manufactures have expressed concern about people altering the ear muffs to fit this type of headset. They say it will alter the specs and therefore invalidate any warranty and they wont be fit for purpose. Might me OK for yourself but if you do it for an employee and down the line they speak to an ambulance chaser (I have had plenty of phone calls asking if I have suffered hearing damage by these blood suckers)  I would say the chances of being sued are fairly good.

A quick work of warning. I know a few manufactures have expressed concern about people altering the ear muffs to fit this type of headset. They say it will alter the specs and therefore invalidate any warranty and they wont be fit for purpose. Might me OK for yourself but if you do it for an employee and down the line they speak to an ambulance chaser (I have had plenty of phone calls asking if I have suffered hearing damage by these blood suckers)  I would say the chances of being sued are fairly good.

Good to know for an employer. Luckily for me, the ambulance chasers wouldn't know where to start with me for modded kit. Just ask@treeman below.

Ok, does that mounting come in the box?

The trick there joe is to not climb conifers......

Yeah it came in the box mate, but I just put it somewhere and forgot about it.

Re: conifers, conveniently I often work with a climber that's a bit long in the tooth for big trees, so he tends to take the connies.

Kind of an unspoken agreement but I know he appreciates the arrangement.