Do you take a "Photo CV" with you when quoting ?

Catweazle

I was just wondering. I've seen some pictures on here of some great looking reductions and professional removals, and I was thinking that a folder with some pictures of previous work might give you the edge over the pikeys.

Certainly, if I was looking for some tree work I would like to see examples.

I was just wondering. I've seen some pictures on here of some great looking reductions and professional removals, and I was thinking that a folder with some pictures of previous work might give you the edge over the pikeys.

Certainly, if I was looking for some tree work I would like to see examples.

No I don't. But I think i will start doing it though.

You have to pull out all tricks so you can stand out as the better contractor while pricing against pikeys.

Theres no way I would take a photo CV since all of my previous work is crap!

Best to lull them into a false sense of secruity:thumbup1:

:001_smile:

I allways to forget to ask where they got my number from so I doubt I would be able to remember to bring along a portfolio.

Not a bad idea though, or could just point them towards your web site if you have one.

Theres no way I would take a photo CV since all of my previous work is crap!

Best to lull them into a false sense of secruity:thumbup1:

:001_smile:

I allways to forget to ask where they got my number from so I doubt I would be able to remember to bring along a portfolio.

Not a bad idea though, or could just point them towards your web site if you have one.

Im sure youve posted some pics of your work before and it was top notch . I like the idea of pointing to web site if i had one , but I dont want to spend more dollars as Im after another truck .:thumbup:

Being one step ahead is great if you can be, but dont expect the less scrupulous dont know about picture CV's!

Only yesterday, i was working in a nearby village and went out to sit in my truck to mave my sarnie. I spent more than ten minutes watching two clowns door knocking along the street. They were the usual, '59 reg tranny van with two sets of very large shiney ladders on the rack with Enviro Tree Care splattered all over it, one guy having a saw helmet on and both of them had picture ID cards clipped to their hi viz vests and carrying a folder.

When they moved the van further down the street, one of the neighbours came out and walked to my truck and this converstion carried on

Hello, arent you the guy from near Beverley?

Yes, i think that could be me!

Ah, i thought it was you, didnt you prune that Ash Tree across the road from my house?

Erm yes, think it must have been a few months ago now, gave it a crown lift

I said to my husband it was you, but those two men just came and knocked on my door saying i should have my trees pruned, then showed me pictures of that tree in a folder and said they had done it:cursing:

Being one step ahead is great if you can be, but dont expect the less scrupulous dont know about picture CV's!

Only yesterday, i was working in a nearby village and went out to sit in my truck to mave my sarnie. I spent more than ten minutes watching two clowns door knocking along the street. They were the usual, '59 reg tranny van with two sets of very large shiney ladders on the rack with Enviro Tree Care splattered all over it, one guy having a saw helmet on and both of them had picture ID cards clipped to their hi viz vests and carrying a folder.

When they moved the van further down the street, one of the neighbours came out and walked to my truck and this converstion carried on

Hello, arent you the guy from near Beverley?

Yes, i think that could be me!

Ah, i thought it was you, didnt you prune that Ash Tree across the road from my house?

Erm yes, think it must have been a few months ago now, gave it a crown lift

I said to my husband it was you, but those two men just came and knocked on my door saying i should have my trees pruned, then showed me pictures of that tree in a folder and said they had done it:cursing:

:BoomSmilie_anim::bluboomteamenforcer