How many cubic bags in a level trnsit load

kindlett

I've had quite a lot of calls from people I haven't sold logs to before enquiring about how much my logs are.

Three or four have expressed how dear they think £70 a cube is !!

Those three or fours phone numbers have been saved into my phone memory, just incase they ring me back end of season when all the cheap rubbish is sold :001_rolleyes:

I will then look forward to the telephone conversation.

I dont mind people going elsewhere for cheaper logs, it's them making an ignorant comment about pricing of logs :laugh1:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if I had to pay £100 a cube I'd get a gas fire :001_smile:

How much is gas,?

WOOD FUEL energy value, CALU Factsheet

CALU Centre for Alternative Land Use

hardwood @ £100/m3 equates to an Kwh of 10p.

iam with eon paying 9.14p house and 18.09p buildings. a bit of a difference for buisness rate.what are you paying.?

It comes on and off instantly and you need only use the EXACT amount you need, it comes on without you needing to be there, lots of the heat don't go up the chimney.

Yes... and no.

Condensing Gas boilers are very advanced, recovering waste heat from the exhaust etc, maximising the calorific value of the fuel.

However, thats because gas boiler technology has had lots of money invested into it. Modern wood pellet boilers are now seeing the same kind of efficiency's, with some so good they can use a plastic pipe as a chimney.

They can also be set to fire up or switch off on a programmer just like a gas boiler.

In fact, one of the most inefficient means of heating is a combi (or on-demand) type of gas boiler.

But I appreciate that you were talking about logs. I just wanted to give a bit more info on modern wood combustion technology

it comes on and off instantly and you need only use the exact amount you need, it comes on without you needing to be there, lots of the heat don't go up the chimney.

i was asking the question for you to provide some facts and figures in order to have a direct comparison.

Try and eliminate and or quantify at least some of the variables,wood verses oil,gas,coal/coke,

otherwise its like the begining of this thread,how long is a piece of string.?