Squirrels

slack ma girdle

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are baiting , I use peanut butter spread on bait arm ! And piece of nut stuck into peanut butter, I usually run a cable to the trap like length of string or wire with dog clip on the end tether trap to location so if trap goes off it doesn't disappear!!

• 3 weeks later...
silenced .410 shotgun can get them on the run with the spread noise is low do to the silencer and being a .410 not to much power for shot going to far

The shot from a .410 will go just as far as the shot from a 12 , 16 or 20 bore . Just less of it .

The shot from a .410 will go just as far as the shot from a 12 , 16 or 20 bore . Just less of it .
your quite right about the shot distance is the same just spreads a bit more and becomes gappy at distance so less of a damage, but in genuine i find 2inch .410 cartridges less powerful as dont put holes in the sheds when shooting rats with them

your quite right about the shot distance is the same just spreads a bit more and becomes gappy at distance so less of a damage, but in genuine i find 2inch .410 cartridges less powerful as dont put holes in the sheds when shooting rats with them

Were as a 3" magnum probably would ! :001_smile: My .410 is fully moderated and will take out a crossing pheasant at about 25 to 30 yards as long as you place the pattern in the right place . It full choke though .

Were as a 3" magnum probably would ! :001_smile: My .410 is fully moderated and will take out a crossing pheasant at about 25 to 30 yards as long as you place the pattern in the right place . It full choke though .

i have had the original pedretti hushpower full moderator all the way back to the breach no foregrip 30inch of mod and that was really quite and u could kill rabbits and hare out to 35 yards with fiocchi magnums with it and now have the 3 shot pump mossbergg hushpower not as quite but the extra shots make up for it at times

i have had the original pedretti hushpower full moderator all the way back to the breach no foregrip 30inch of mod and that was really quite and u could kill rabbits and hare out to 35 yards with fiocchi magnums with it and now have the 3 shot pump mossbergg hushpower not as quite but the extra shots make up for it at times

I have the same Pedretti as you . must be 35 or 40 years old now . When I got it I had to file the burs off the inside of the barrel where they had drilled through . It made the pattern sorta rugby ball shaped . Look on the thread " show us your guns " I seem to remember its called .