Forst warranty and service top notch.

Chris Day

Forgot I'd started this thread and have just had a read through and noticed a couple of things which concern me.

1. Marc you had the same grease bank issue and were told to replace with stronger pipes. So it's a recurring fault and I wasn't given the same advice, I shortened my pipes to fit new olives making recurrence more likely.

2. Someone's machine blew all it's hydraulic oil out of the filter, mine did this just over a week ago. Buying a filter not through forst is impossible and we were in Sheffield with Heavy engineering everywhere, a little concerning why isn't it a common part? Fortunately the I ring was ok so just refitted the filter filled up with oil and hoped, it's been ok thankfully.

3. It threw a track, we had the kit with us to sort it but the only way to empty the grease from the tensioning piston is to remove the idler roller from the machine put it in a vice and swing on the nut. Not ideal and fortunate we had access to a workshop.

4. Twice this week it has stalled when the anti stress should have kicked in. A quick fix but surely anti stress should mean this can't happen it just stops and you back the jam out of

Has got me thinking that perhaps I need to carry more spares and spanners! Oh and given depreciation just hope I'm having a rough couple of weeks.

No amount of spanners or spares will make up for the fact that its going to cost you time, money & reputation! Get rid now before you end up stuck with it!

9 weeks mine has been in with redwoods now, yes I have a loan machine which has also gone tits up, this is piss poor imo!

3 years warranty on a machine that has constant issues is a joke, nobody at redwoods seem to be interested in discussing the machine only the poor service manager!

I cant understand why some folk are prepared to sweep it under the carpet as though its acceptable on a 22k machine!

Simonm whilst I know it can be frustrating to have unreliable kit I hoped my earlier comments would at least show it can happen to most major manufacturers in this market place, there are plenty of us who have run Forsts without issues.

My reasons for looking elsewhere is because I don't like using the machine, not that it's bad.

Oddly the ST8 we demoed I thought was a beast compared to the ST6 at that weight though and price I'd considered a Bandit.

Simonm whilst I know it can be frustrating to have unreliable kit I hoped my earlier comments would at least show it can happen to most major manufacturers in this market place, there are plenty of us who have run Forsts without issues.

My reasons for looking elsewhere is because I don't like using the machine, not that it's bad.

Oddly the ST8 we demoed I thought was a beast compared to the ST6 at that weight though and price I'd considered a Bandit.

I appreciate that machinery by nature will at some point have problems, its the never ending list of problems, the fact that we are loosing money & being made to look unreliable! The list goes on!

Ive got an 09 tw 190 that is in daily use and has being flawless, a carlton sp2010 that has never let me down & bandit grinder that has being spot on.

Maybe I bought a friday machine! Either way its going before it lets us down again.

My machine was picked up thismorning to go back in for quite a list of stuff and got dropped off a cover machine that hasn't exactly been looked after by previous user so will see how this go's till I get my machine back. Strange it has cracks and falts in same place as mine.....

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

My machine was picked up thismorning to go back in for quite a list of stuff and got dropped off a cover machine that hasn't exactly been looked after by previous user so will see how this go's till I get my machine back. Strange it has cracks and falts in same place as mine.....

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

pics please :biggrin:

• 2 months later...

Well I last posted on 26th of June and I still don't have a machine back
that's now over 10 weeks for repair and new paint work and nearly every week I was promised it back and it never materialised.
Considering I was told they could fix everything in 1 day in my yard it takes the piss how long it has taken in the factory.
While it was away the curtisy machine broke down twice, 1 I fixed as was in a rush the 2nd required a fitted to come out which to be fair was done very quickly but he did have the parts in stock.
Since then I decided to get a new bigger machine so found someone who was very keen on buying my st8 off me, we arranged a deal and as redwood had promised my machine back that week all was good. Wrong! 3 weeks later I still did not have it back and had a very pissed of buyer on the phone telling me to stuff the deal he was off to get another machine as needed to get on with some work which is expected but not good for me as now have to go through the pains of selling it when it eventually comes back.
I even asked redwood if they were willing to buy the machine off me as a good will gesture for causing so much inconvenience to be basically told no they didn't want it nor did they have room for it.

So I will have a fully factory referbed and repainted for sale soon if anyone is interested give me a call.

John Lawrence

Sent from my F8331 using Arbtalk mobile app

Yes apparently a 3rd party redoing the paintwork was responsible as as this is still unresolved redwood have fitted new panels instead of my referb edge one's.
So new bonnet, new hopper, new side panels, resprayed spout, resprayed chassis, new axle and tires, reprogrammed ecu to allow feed rollers to reverse when stop bar is pressed in and cracked chipping chamber repaired, I think that's everything.
So should be like a new machine but with a 400hr well serviced engine in it.

Sent from my F8331 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Like 1