Landrover Trouble...

Tree Man Tom

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much did you pay for it?

With everything ive done to it, she owes me 4k. I know im not going to get that back though.

Its all under control now though, its due to be booked into a landrover garage, full of landrover nutters lol

I bit the bullet to have it done this way as he offers a warranty on the work and in the long term it will be a quicker soloution as i need it back on the road ASAP :) Il keep you posted!

I reckon you have probably made the right choice Tom. Your landy seemed in pretty straight condition when i saw it, and once the work is done and you have got over the bill then you will have a good lump under the bonnet in a pretty decent truck. 'Better the devil you know' as they say!

I reckon you have probably made the right choice Tom. Your landy seemed in pretty straight condition when i saw it, and once the work is done and you have got over the bill then you will have a good lump under the bonnet in a pretty decent truck. 'Better the devil you know' as they say!

Exactly mate! :thumbup1:

Just a thought, if the 200tdi has a vacuum pump like the 300, it could be this leaking oil from the backplate. The rivits holding it in place pop off. I have repaired one before by tapping out the holes and putting m5 cap screws in place.

Also the plunger that operates the vacuum pump is driven off the camshaft. The end of the plunger can get pitted/ worn if staved of oil this causes a bad knocking noise which increases with revs.

Hope this may help.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

A friend of mine found a rebuilt defender engine, out of a landrover that had been rear ended and written off...

But this engine had only been rebuilt a few weeks previous to the accident.

So basically ive had a rebuilt engine put in, new clutch, fan, and water pump.

Overall it cost me 1k :) :)

Just nice to have it back, hopefully it will be trouble free for a month or two, just while my bank balance recovers lol

Only picture i have, not completly up to date....

59765509a3171_Photo079(Large).jpg.1b09b5acd6fecff9bd21fdfc36e637a7.jpg

Edited by Tree Man Tom