Landrover Trouble...

Tree Man Tom

200tdi are bullet proof motors ,if serviced ! had one in a disco and it was on 384k when i sold it. sorry about your bad luck but i would say big ends/ crank. dont bother fixing it ,rip it out and stick another 200tdi in,300tdi will fit but you have to fu*** about abit. might as well check clutch and release arm while apart. one /two days max!

Im looking for a new engine as we speak, its my main car so im stuck with out it really, fitting it shouldnt be a problem once i get my hands on one. :001_smile:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of this people?

200 tdi engine & box all ancillaries on eBay (end time 06-Nov-09 18:46:25 GMT)

Seems good as its got all the bits and bobs with it which i can keep for spares :)

Gonna try and get to my local (ish) landrover breaker aswell to see if theres a engine i can see running before i buy it.

disco or defender? i think the turbos in a diffrent place for a discovery??

could always sell the gear and transfer box to me :)

Mines a defender, not sure what that engine is, il give him a ring in the morning i think.

Now thats tempting, if i did end up buying that id deffiently consider selling those bits on, get some of my money back :) lol

its a shame your not more local. i'v a 200 tdi disco lieing for spares.

i cant remember if its just the turbo thats different or if theres somthing with the way the injection pump sits too. between the 200 disco and defender

am i right in thinking the 300 was the same in the disco and defender?

:001_smile:

its a shame your not more local. i'v a 200 tdi disco lieing for spares.

i cant remember if its just the turbo thats different or if theres somthing with the way the injection pump sits too. between the 200 disco and defender

am i right in thinking the 300 was the same in the disco and defender?

:001_smile:

Where you based?

Hmm im not sure, i know theres plenty of converstions out there so it cant be that bad to do, be greatful for any 20tdi engine really, like i say its my main car so im stuck without it really.

Before giving up on your engine check its not something simple. It does sound a bit terminal. If a hose or union fails it will empty the sump inless than a minute. as soon as you see the oil light drop the clutch and coast to the side turning engine off if safe to do so. Often the failure of a 50p component can send an engine to the scrap yard. it could be something like the oil supply to brake pump. Sorry to hear your problem hope its simple.

Before giving up on your engine check its not something simple. It does sound a bit terminal. If a hose or union fails it will empty the sump inless than a minute. as soon as you see the oil light drop the clutch and coast to the side turning engine off if safe to do so. Often the failure of a 50p component can send an engine to the scrap yard. it could be something like the oil supply to brake pump. Sorry to hear your problem hope its simple.

Im still hoping it is something like you say... lol will investigate fully tommorow and see what i can find.