Pershore College Arboriculture - Images

I would like yourself or whoever else was teaching the young lad to stop him in his tracks and show him the correct way to do the job.

Is that to much to ask for?

Not at all, constructive feedback was is given after the fell, height of the stump pointed out, as was position of thumb on the chainsaw, praise is also given when due. Teaching students who have never felled a tree before is a learning process, as previously said, nobody is perfect when starting out.

Eggs on his first day at school was WAY ahead of all the other 29 kids in the class, he could already do trigonometry, and algebra , and NEVER made a mistake! he was the height of perfection,

:001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

You really need to get up earlier in the morning.

I've learnt by my own mistakes. I'd rather people learnt from mine than get hurt or cause damage by their own.

You really need to get up earlier in the morning.

I've learnt by my own mistakes. I'd rather people learnt from mine than get hurt or cause damage by their own.

why???? :001_huh:

fair enough... i would say the same,

we dont know the circumstances for that particular fell, so lets leave it be.:thumbup1:

We all have our opinions which weve aired so i ll just say thanks for posting the pictures john,looks like a great place to work and have a positive influence on the young ones coming through in the industry.

Oh and sack that tutor for letting that student put his gob in too high..lol

Yep nice pictures john..and pershore collage nice place to teach.i taught landscaping there a number of years ago when Avon Bank Landscpes was taking on students to give them a years practical work after 4 years sat in a class room.And I would just like to add this....what has just happened to this thread is the exact reason why a number of guys don't post on here anymore.enough said

Great photos, wish we had a college in Ireland that taught arb, might make it a bit easier for us to get staff that know a bit about trees or have basic tickets before they start.

In terms of the felling cut, everybody knows that tree surgeons can't fell and foresters can't climb, so send them out into the woods, give them a tree to climb and one to fell, which ever they do best will decide there career path, simple, bit like picking the sniper team in the movie Jarheads[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yep nice pictures john..and pershore collage nice place to teach.i taught landscaping there a number of years ago when Avon Bank Landscpes was taking on students to give them a years practical work after 4 years sat in a class room.And I would just like to add this....what has just happened to this thread is the exact reason why a number of guys don't post on here anymore.enough said

Add what you want Wayne, or bore us all to death like you usually do.

It's people like you that don't question or debate anything that makes this place sterile. Thanks for your non input.

While we are about it would you like to explain who and more importantly why the members dont post here any more?

It's people like you that don't question or debate anything that makes this place sterile. Thanks for your non input.

While we are about it would you like to explain who and more importantly why the members dont post here any more?

Uummmmm no.

wow someones arrogant!!:thumbdown::thumbdown:

all very well you saying that hes boring, but at least he knows what hes talking about!

Unlike you!!!:thumbdown::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes: