Pershore College Arboriculture - Images

I get sick and tired of folk making excuses for shoody workmanship.

This was the lads first day at felling trees! What would you rather like - a perfectly composed image, totally free from errors, or an honest picture of real students enjoying their learning experience?

Fair point but maybe just maybe it was the apprentices first time putting a tree the deck.

My 1st attempt at felling was bloody awful.

People need practice before perfection is achieved

Yes, of course people need practice to learn their trade, but to not stop a young lad and show him the right way to do things is wrong IMO.

Yes, of course people need practice to learn their trade, but to not stop a young lad and show him the right way to do things is wrong IMO.

i would personally be more concerned he is getting the cuts right, making sure the gob is right, not worrying about how high it is on the tree. When he can get the tree to fall in the right place i would then start telling him to try cutting a bit lower in the tree.

Were not all perfect like you.:thumbdown:

You ever been in a tree felling course eggs?

4 students to 1 tutor means its difficult to keep an eye on everything all the students are doing.

I get what your sayin but these are students and even with the best of direction they will still do things wrong.

This was the lads first day at felling trees! What would you rather like - a perfectly composed image, totally free from errors, or an honest picture of real students enjoying their learning experience?

I would like yourself or whoever else was teaching the young lad to stop him in his tracks and show him the correct way to do the job.

Is that to much to ask for?

I have to agree with the constructive criticism here,...getting your cuts right is by cutting at ground level. The best holding wood is at the bottom of a tree,..better chance of direction being accurate,wider gob with less chance of the tree breaking out or barrelling on the stump.

You ever been in a tree felling course eggs?

4 students to 1 tutor means its difficult to keep an eye on everything all the students are doing.

I get what your sayin but these are students and even with the best of direction they will still do things wrong.

No, I've never been on a tree felling course. I have been on many training courses though.

If I'm there to be trained I'd want to be trained properly from the beginning. Not pick up bad habits then try to train them out later.

We all make mistakes but being trained to make mistakes just doesn't sit well with me.

Eggs on his first day at school was WAY ahead of all the other 29 kids in the class, he could already do trigonometry, and algebra , and NEVER made a mistake! he was the height of perfection,

:001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

That's a bad comparison in this scenario,..bottom line is if the guy has been instructed to fell at that height he has been instructed badly.