Land Ownership

doubledd

I caught someone taking logs of one of my stacks . I asked them what they thought they were doing ...They said " they wont mind , there is loads of it " I said ok . were abouts do you live then ? They said why ? I said well I thought I might just pop round and see whats in your fridge , maybe I could take some milk or a bit of cheese . Perhaps you got some tools in your shed I could take ....They got the message and put them back .

Well, if you explain it like that:biggrin:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the logs are lying around and have been for a number of years, and access isn't to bad, I'd just chance it and take em..

You've searched for the ownership of the land, what more can you do?..and I take it there isn't a sign saying to keep off the logs..

PS, if you do happen to get a few logs, and you're stopped on the way out, and the owner wants you to take em back to the exact spot you picked em up from.. `be prepared to shove them up the fella's arse..

Helpful again . Knob Jockey .

If the logs are lying around and have been for a number of years, and access isn't to bad, I'd just chance it and take em..

You've searched for the ownership of the land, what more can you do?..and I take it there isn't a sign saying to keep off the logs..

PS, if you do happen to get a few logs, and you're stopped on the way out, and the owner wants you to take em back to the exact spot you picked em up from.. `be prepared to shove them up the fella's arse..

I had a feeling you were a scum bag, we now have confirmation:thumbdown:

Advocating theft, plan and simple, I do hope you get turned over real soon :001_smile:

I thought I may get some advice regarding just taking them ha! It did cross my mind.

To be fair - they aren't cut and stacked ready for seasoning etc - they look like the bits they couldn't sell on and rather than take them and try process them they've just left it all on the ground.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen someone up there chopping and filling their car. I can't be discreet with a chainsaw though.

Edited by doubledd

Helpful again . Knob Jockey .

Well catchin the fella is one thing, makin the poor sod take em all the way back is just petty..

and, if I had logs lying around and someone took on the mistaken assumption they were just lying around doin nothin but rotten down, I'd just explain the situation and ask the fella to leave em... more than likely tell him he could have the ones he's loaded seeing as it wasn't obvious they were mine, seeing as I hadn't clearly marked em out as not to be taken... lets have it right. they're just a boot full of old logs.. its not like you caught the fella brakin in a shed...

I had a feeling you were a scum bag, we now have confirmation:thumbdown:

Advocating theft, plan and simple, I do hope you get turned over real soon :001_smile:

The scumbag is someone making a fella who didn't know any different take em back 200 yards just to stick the knife in...

If it was me, I'd maybe take em back if I was asked politely, but if If some idiot demanded I take em back.. I'd be weighing up which side of his jaw he was going to get whacked on...

Well catchin the fella is one thing, makin the poor sod take em all the way back is just petty..

and, if I had logs lying around and someone took on the mistaken assumption they were just lying around doin nothin but rotten down, I'd just explain the situation and ask the fella to leave em... more than likely tell him he could have the ones he's loaded seeing as it wasn't obvious they were mine, seeing as I hadn't clearly marked em out as not to be taken... lets have it right. they're just a boot full of old logs.. its not like you caught the fella brakin in a shed...

Oh dear :001_rolleyes:

I don't need to know who owns something to know full well I don't own it :sneaky2:

The scumbag is someone making a fella who didn't know any different take em back 200 yards just to stick the knife in...

If it was me, I'd maybe take em back if I was asked politely, but if If some idiot demanded I take em back.. I'd be weighing up which side of his jaw he was going to get whacked on...

You don't disappoint:001_rolleyes: what a prat you are.

Are you going to the arb show? maybe we could meet and have a chat over a brew.

Pure comedy.

I did this once in my youth, got caught aquirring somebody's timber.

I knew full well it belonged to someone- as does everything. I apologised and placed back where it came from.

No need to be a dick about it when I knew I was chancing it in the first place.

Obviously with the wisdom of age it is not the sort of thing I would do now as I know, full well, the amount of work that goes into getting the timber on the deck.

And if the owner wants to let it rot then that is their right.