60cc husky

stihlmadasever

Nether are as high HP in standard form as your 044 but the 357 (4.4 hp) is a good 18" bar saw and the 262 (4.8 Hp) is fine on a 20" as well. If your putting Hrs on a saw the spare parts situation becomes more of a consideration I guess.

Yeah dont mind a little drop in power compared to the 044 and as you say parts will be an issue with an older saw.I was lookin at a husky 555 but at 500 notes out the box i just cant justify the price tag.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think 500 notes is out of the way if its earning a living depends how much use its getting

Word, buy new.

I know I've contributed to this thread with a recommendation, but...

I cannot understand this mucking about with second hand chainsaws, and/or révérence to older saws for anything but a bit of fun.

If it's your living, get new.

Yes I think so.

Good for farmers and landscapers:001_smile:

555 no good for worrying my sheep then..:001_tt2:

Seriously though i thought of the 555 as its got the pulling power i wanted and it seemed at a decent price new compared to others i had looked at.

Thing is its not for everyday use just when i get some jobs on in the summer,hence i thought of an older saw.

I work for my local authority full time(dont judge me im not a bad person)so all our kit is provided.

I own a 150,135 and 261 for use with my company when im busy in the summer months.

I think the 044 i had only came out a handful of times last year.

Thanks for all your advice,much appreciated.