log sales......

log supplier

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still ahead of last year even though it snowed. We ran out around Christmas last year which has made people increase orders and put tem in earlier. On my deliveries I have seen the quality of what people were able to source Jan Feb. Some suppliers have no shame but they are unwittingly my best advert.

Same this end. Busy start when we had that cold spell and then slowed right up. We averaging about 4 loads a week - I tend to use the my sales of nets in the garages as a measure and they have slowed up considerably...So using the time to get a heap cut up in the shed ready for the busy times to start.......fingers crossed!

Anyone tried car boot sales as an sales outlet for bags/nets and Kindling....thinking of giving it a wirl?

:001_smile:

Anyone tried car boot sales as an sales outlet for bags/nets and Kindling....thinking of giving it a wirl?

:001_smile:

Not yet but planning on it. Going to take a few rough mushroom carvings as well see what I can get. Take along 50 bags of sticks logs and kiln dried blocks and see what goes. Even just selling 25 bags of each in a morning wouldn't be a bad return

Have done about 60 dumpy bags and demand very slow and steady at the moment... just shows how the mild weather affects demand and how most people just do not think ahead!

Last year at this time the phone was ringing off the hook.... As soon as the cold kicks in it will go bananas up to Christmas I reckon :thumbup1: