Sangyong pick up truck

Steve Bullman

Toyota-Land-Cruiser-TD4.5-VDJ79L-4x4-Pic
WWW.PKTRUCKS.COM

New Toyota Land Cruiser TD4.5 VDJ79L 4x4 Pick-up (2019), unspecified emission. For sale at pk trucks. Available from...

Big J you seem to be willing to spend £'s, just import a 70 series and make us all jealous.

Although we might have to wait till Brexit as you have to export outside EU..  

Edited by benedmonds
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

You could import from Japan..

CARFROMJAPAN.COM

Cheap used 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 for Sale, ready to ship. CAR FROM JAPAN is the best way to buy cheap second...

That's not too bad really. Only top end Navara type money, or a touch more.

36 minutes ago, Big J said:

That's not too bad really. Only top end Navara type money, or a touch more.

If I could justify one, I would buy in an instant. I imported a mazda bongo from Japan and it was 15 years old but still mint. I have wanted a 70 series for decades.. Every few years I check various web sites in different  countries and contemplate importing one.   But I don't need one..

5 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

If I could justify one, I would buy in an instant. I imported a mazda bongo from Japan and it was 15 years old but still mint. I have wanted a 70 series for decades.. Every few years I check various web sites in different  countries and contemplate importing one.   But I don't need one..

Nor me, really. I need something comfortable and powerful as a backup family vehicle and for occasionally towing something heavy. 

Pickups are always juicy. My 1.3 diesel Corsa van pays for it's insurance cost each year just in fuel savings. Running costs are small and the flexibility and convenience of having multiple vehicles (five actually!) pays for that.

Big J, eventually you're going to just have to accept that you can't get a pickup that goes as fast with a trailer as it does without. Sounds like that would be dangerous anyway, in those 'narrow Devon lanes'...

Edited by doobin

1 minute ago, doobin said:

Pickups are always juicy. My 1.3 diesel Corsa van pays for it's insurance cost each year just in fuel savings. Running costs are small and the flexibility and convenience of having multiple vehicles (five actually!) pays for that.

Big J, eventually you're going to just have to accept that you can't get a pickup that goes as fast with a trailer as it does without. Sounds like that would be dangerous anyway, in those 'narrow Devon lanes'...

Haha! I'm not looking to drive quickly, and nor do I with a trailer. Just not being reduced to less than 20mph on a 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 slope would be nice. There are quite a few of those around here, sometimes for 400 or 500ft of vertical ascent.

• Like 1

Honestly mate, in your situation I'd get a small lorry or have a V8 jeep and leave it coupled to your trailer. That's what we do for transport. Has gas conversion so actually surprisingly cheap to run. Fleet policy means insurance is negligable and running costs are only as much as you use it.

It's the simplest way get 250HP+ in the UK.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, doobin said:

Honestly mate, in your situation I'd get a small lorry or have a V8 jeep and leave it coupled to your trailer. That's what we do for transport. Has gas conversion so actually surprisingly cheap to run. Fleet policy means insurance is negligable and running costs are only as much as you use it.

It's the simplest way get 250HP+ in the UK.

I wouldn't use it enough to warrant it. We're selling the little forwarder and bed processor in spring for an uprated and also heavier machine. It'll require low loader transport, so it's main function would be backup family vehicle and occasional tower :D