Multione ( what a machine )

timber-don

I've not actually compared that, we had a 40yard rolo on site a while back and was disappointed we couldn't tip over the sides with our Avant.

In my little experience with the multione I didn't like the coarse Yanmar, although I believe it is a good engine just sounds a little rougher other than that they do pretty much the same thing except the Avant was cheaper... slightly

Rob, had priced an Avant 750 with his our dealer & thought it exspensive, He saw Multione at a show & noticed they had a bigger lifting capacity, looks like you can lift more for less with a Multione, Once he/we had used one a couple of weeks ago we could see strait away the build quality on the Multione 8-4 is far better than the Avant 750, for us it was a " no brain'er " The multi one was a better machie:001_smile:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob, had priced an Avant 750 with his our dealer & thought it exspensive, He saw Multione at a show & noticed they had a bigger lifting capacity, looks like you can lift more for less with a Multione, Once he/we had used one a couple of weeks ago we could see strait away the build quality on the Multione 8-4 is far better than the Avant 750, for us it was a " no brain'er " The multi one was a better machie:001_smile:

Well that's the problem with this type of kit is the price online doesn't exist so it's hard to compare, we chased a few quotes and like for like the Avant was about £1.5k cheaper but you right on paper the multione lifts more but beware paper specs they can be a bit like mpg on new cars.

We use a lot of 25-35ton excavators and on paper to what they do on site is different so I often take those stats with a pinch of salt.

It was the tipping height I never compared, build quality I like the Avant and Kubota personally although having run both side by side can't say there is much in it, it's all down to the deal you get and after sales support.

Some say the Avant offset boom can be an issue, even the twin box have there issues without maintenance and I've snapped a few!

Well that's the problem with this type of kit is the price online doesn't exist so it's hard to compare, we chased a few quotes and like for like the Avant was about £1.5k cheaper but you right on paper the multione lifts more but beware paper specs they can be a bit like mpg on new cars.

We use a lot of 25-35ton excavators and on paper to what they do on site is different so I often take those stats with a pinch of salt.

It was the tipping height I never compared, build quality I like the Avant and Kubota personally although having run both side by side can't say there is much in it, it's all down to the deal you get and after sales support.

Some say the Avant offset boom can be an issue, even the twin box have there issues without maintenance and I've snapped a few!

The one thing we did notice when using the multi one was the twin section boom was a lot lot stronger than the Avant single slide boom, the multi one also has wear pads in the boom that can be adjusted with out a strip down, ( well thought out ) I think I am right in saying to adjust the avant wear pads is a mutch more in-depth job & with a single off set boom it is going to be a high wear point that needs a lot of maintenance, If you say you broke Multione 8.4 boom arm in half then fair play you must be an absolute animal on a machine there is no way you could breake that in normal to heavy use :sad::sad:

I broke an old style Avant double arm boom, used to rip timber and shove the silage tines in and split lengths.

We've also cracked and destroyed the roses/pivots from using a post rammer hammering in a fair few thousand stakes.

The tabs that hook onto the attachments also break off, but have never had an issue with boom wheeze yet.

Single sided off set books have been used for years in many applications by many manafacturers without issue.

To be clear I am not an Avant fan it's just a tool and a tool we use, we would be just as happy with a multione as I see no convincing arguement in favour of either machine

I broke an old style Avant double arm boom, used to rip timber and shove the silage tines in and split lengths.

We've also cracked and destroyed the roses/pivots from using a post rammer hammering in a fair few thousand stakes.

The tabs that hook onto the attachments also break off, but have never had an issue with boom wheeze yet.

Single sided off set books have been used for years in many applications by many manafacturers without issue.

To be clear I am not an Avant fan it's just a tool and a tool we use, we would be just as happy with a multione as I see no convincing arguement in favour of either machine

Got it , sorry if I come across a bit " off the cuff " in my last posting, it was sounding like you had broke a boom on a multione, I would tend to agree with your point, the concept with both brands are very much the same, the more modern machine will have improved strength built in at the weak points whatever the brand.

• 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, Ian C said:

Had one on hire, good machine but built by air fix! A good looking machine but those plastics are very delicate and very expensive , I wouldn’t touch one with so much plastic on fir 20+ k

Wholly agree.  The panel design looks far too likely to get things caught up in it.  Does Multione do heavy duty polycarbonate panels as available on the Avant??