felling licence

simonm

It depends on the size of the trees but I would hazard a guess at yes. Best way to find out is to contact your local FC conservator by phone and pop the question. They will help you out with the process. If a felling licence is not required I would also contact your LA's tree officer and check that the trees are not within a Conservation Area, subject to a TPO or have any other statutory protection.

I have a job of removing approximately 20 Lombardy poplars, do I need a felling licence for this? Does it go on the volume of timber?

What is the process involved etc. I have never done this before.

FL exempt/excempt if in a garden, churchyard or Public Open Space (I think POS has it's own definitions within the Forestry Act)

The trees are nhs owned and are pushing a large wall over onto a public footpath hence the reason they are being removed, Why do you need a felling licence? the way the application reads its under the assumption that i am felling hectares of trees in woodland???

And they aim to come back to you within 10 weeks!

The trees are nhs owned and are pushing a large wall over onto a public footpath hence the reason they are being removed, Why do you need a felling licence? the way the application reads its under the assumption that i am felling hectares of trees in woodland???

And they aim to come back to you within 10 weeks!

You would be exempt if removing an immediate hazard, but only in so far as is necessary to relieve the hazard - doesn't sound like that would fly!

Or, you could claim to be a farmer, they rarely bother and FC don't do a busting lot about it.

Otherwise, it's the Forestry Act for you matey as stated above - it's the LAW!

(tongue in cheek!)

As far as I remember you are allowed to fell up to 5 cubic M in any calendar quarter but you can only sell 2 cubic M of the 5 felled . Hope this helps .

If there is 10 cube, carry out the job at the end of the quarter, spreading it over the end of that quarter and the start of the next.