Subaru Forester 2.0XT

GardenKit

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I test drove a Forester XT a couple of years ago. It was fun! Quick, but quite twitchy and it had a bit of body roll in corners. I bought a Legacy Spec B in the end instead.

Was that a new model Forester (post 2013) or an earlier one?

I want the Forester because of the higher driving position than the Legacy (Outback)

So we fancy a change for something of a similar size, with a bit of poke and want to stay with petrol.

Consider Grand Vitara 2.4 petrol. Not that plentiful but a few about and the 2.4 engine is a corker.

Probably about the only thing that will match the Honda for sheer metronomic reliability, but a bit more characterful.

Consider Grand Vitara 2.4 petrol. Not that plentiful but a few about and the 2.4 engine is a corker.

Probably about the only thing that will match the Honda for sheer metronomic reliability, but a bit more characterful.

I haven't owned a Subaru but only hear good things about them. I reckon a Forester or Legacy are a good choice. If Subaru produced diesels on older cars (I don't even know if they do currently)I'd have had one by now

Likewise re the reputation and that's among the farming community. Way back at the end of the 70s a large estate in Sussex starting replacing Land Rovers with them; the first guy to get one was the head shepherd and after a week he said he'd refuse the offer of his Landy back.

Was that a new model Forester (post 2013) or an earlier one?

I want the Forester because of the higher driving position than the Legacy (Outback)

It would have been pre 2013. It def has a higher driving position than my Legacy, but I found it bouncy and twitchy, perhaps as a result. (But then I am used to low sporty cars with hard suspension). Power was good!

Foresters are awesome, look for clutch wear as it's about £300-400 job.

Had a few Imprezas and one forester in the past. I actually bought back an Impreza I owned recently.

A little bit juicy, great off road with some at tyres and pretty comfy.

Only other fault I can think of is rear hatch leaks

Foresters are awesome, look for clutch wear as it's about £300-400 job.

Had a few Imprezas and one forester in the past. I actually bought back an Impreza I owned recently.

A little bit juicy, great off road with some at tyres and pretty comfy.

Only other fault I can think of is rear hatch leaks

Thanks. I would be looking at the XT which has the MRX engine and Lineartronic (CVT) gearbox. So no clutch issues!