MB trac.... what's your opinion?

casto

From memory I think only the 1300 and 1500 had the higher speed boxes in.

What kind of work is it intended for ?

Its mostly for the tree side of it ie, timber/chip trailer instead of the mog but I also have my hand in a bit of ag work, ie paddock work and baling work for the horsey lot,

I must admit, having the mog and mb trac are things I've always fancied having and if I can have them as work tools all the better as far as I can see!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its mostly for the tree side of it ie, timber/chip trailer instead of the mog but I also have my hand in a bit of ag work, ie paddock work and baling work for the horsey lot,

I must admit, having the mog and mb trac are things I've always fancied having and if I can have them as work tools all the better as far as I can see!

Fair enough, I would look into the speed thing though because I am pretty sure only the larger ones had high speed box.

Pound for pound Fastracs look a better buy nowadays , big MB s hold their money.

Fair enough, I would look into the speed thing though because I am pretty sure only the larger ones had high speed box.

Pound for pound Fastracs look a better buy nowadays , big MB s hold their money.

Think that's a good point about the speed. It will never be as quick as my mog but I wouldn't get one for the speed.

Yeah I'd looked at Fastracs, but feel the only ones I can afford have been used to within an inch of there life's. I also have a few people I can turn to easily if I have a problem with the trac (plus the trac and mog will be fairly similar in the engines and gear boxes i think?)

Just shows, merc were way ahead of anyone back in the day.

nope trantor was first

4502657976_c144458ed1_b.jpg

91842-164596.jpg

Introduced in 1978, the original Trantor was the first fast tractor. With a top speed of 60mph, it was equipped with full suspension, four-wheel braking and a three-seater cab.

UNIMOG(post 1946), TRANTOR (1973) and the FASTRAC (1987),

_the_launch_of_the_JCB_Fastrac_takes_teh_agricultural_.jpg[/url]

Edited by IRE David H

the smaller mb tracs are ideal for small ag work paddock topping etc not as big heavy and clumsy as a jcb in a tight space and no electrics