• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nope trantor was first

4502657976_c144458ed1_b.jpg

91842-164596.jpg

Introduced in 1978, the original Trantor was the first fast tractor. With a top speed of 60mph, it was equipped with full suspension, four-wheel braking and a three-seater cab.

UNIMOG(post 1946), TRANTOR (1973) and the FASTRAC (1987),

_the_launch_of_the_JCB_Fastrac_takes_teh_agricultural_.jpg[/url]

:confused1:You think 1973 is earlier than 1946? :001_huh:

I think you can only get reverse drive in the larger mb tracs, if you look at the side of the cab they have 3 pains of glass, over the 2 of the smaller ones.

Think your right that only the bigger models with reverse drive, i'll have do dig around to see if the 3 pains of glass is right. Would make spotting a reverse drive easier!:thumbup:

Hello Casto,

check out the MB tracs UK facebook page. a lot of guys on there who know their stuff about MB tracs and often ones for sale.

I have a 1981 800 which I use for light duties and shows. does 30mph with 26" wheels.

Dads 1000 used on firewood processor and lowloader trailer. not as fast top speed as the 800 but more grunt with the 6 pot.

really handy with a passenger seat and the load deck behind the cab for tools etc.

The bigger ones did have an 8th gear that was blanked off for sale in this country so if this 8th gear can be engaged with a bit of modification you can apparently reach 40mph

MB also good for towing broken mogs :)

13103484_944399942324873_5074244548410136193_n.jpg.1a39ed7541ee4fbef7598838302af25f.jpg

13581945_985186878246179_3279627663183802764_o.jpg.e9e4e339f0d839ae7751ee9c257bed64.jpg

nope trantor was first

4502657976_c144458ed1_b.jpg

91842-164596.jpg

Introduced in 1978, the original Trantor was the first fast tractor. With a top speed of 60mph, it was equipped with full suspension, four-wheel braking and a three-seater cab.

UNIMOG(post 1946), TRANTOR (1973) and the FASTRAC (1987),

_the_launch_of_the_JCB_Fastrac_takes_teh_agricultural_.jpg[/url]

Loving the first pic... it looks like an erm..... ice cream van/ tractor.

The second pic definitely has shades of Aspen Arb about it...

Hello Casto,

check out the MB tracs UK facebook page. a lot of guys on there who know their stuff about MB tracs and often ones for sale.

I have a 1981 800 which I use for light duties and shows. does 30mph with 26" wheels.

Dads 1000 used on firewood processor and lowloader trailer. not as fast top speed as the 800 but more grunt with the 6 pot.

really handy with a passenger seat and the load deck behind the cab for tools etc.

The bigger ones did have an 8th gear that was blanked off for sale in this country so if this 8th gear can be engaged with a bit of modification you can apparently reach 40mph

MB also good for towing broken mogs :)

funny enough I've Come across pics of your mb trac elsewhere :thumbup:

Yeah I'd heard about the 8th gear but wasn't sure if all the bigger ones had this? I'm not to worried about the speed as I've a mog for that. She's rather quick on the road so would take her for the furthest jobs.

How are they with the low loader on the back?

I'm just off to look for the mb trac Facebook page.... :thumbup:

trantors, MB-TRACs, and fastracs are the only tractors allowed to exceed 25mph in the uk, doesnt matter what gearbox is in your valtra, massey,or whatever, if it doesnt have 4 wheel suspension and braking. it cant go faster

also air brakes usually with ABS and a steering box is required. a nice touch the masseys have is they are 40k at 1500rpm and 40mph at 2200rpm.

i really fancy the mb 1500 or 1600 only if i can find one thats in good order and the aim would be to build it into a forestry tractor as they are compact vs equivalent machines, i do like the idea of the fastrac but i dont like the poor reputation