Annoying Things Guys Do On Site

Haironyourchest

Smokers.

Queuing at the chipper when there is brush still in the garden.

Yelling from the top of the tree: "Just found a pigeon nest!".

Dog poo.

Driving the truck like they stole it. Wouldn't do it if they paid for it!

Groundies that leave the chipper on full throttle when there's nothing happening. Wouldn't do it if they paid for it!

Continuing to use a saw with a slack chain. Wouldn't do it if they paid for it!

Fuelling tools in the wrong place. Wouldn't do it if they paid for the consequence!

Using the metal rake like a shovel. Wouldn't do it if they paid for it!

Using the plastic rake on the driveway. Wouldn't do it if they paid for it!

Using the metal rake when they should use the broom!

Using the plastic rake when the should……………...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask the man who will be doing the lowering to wear the sena headsets I am providing for the job that day or who is going to be relaying to crane driver if we are using a crane and he pulls a face as if I am asking him to work that week for free it's a joke why do so many tree men find the idea of clear communication with no shouting or I thought you said hold it tight not let it run rubbish so difficult to get there head round ? My rant over 😊

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

I don't smoke much at work but I do need that awful 'hit' from time to time.

I roll 3 or 4 to last me the day before I go to work. I usually only have a few draws off each one then throw them away. It's the people that think it's ok to have ten or fifteen minute smoke breaks that wind me up.

Another thing that winds me up is when someone books me in to do a days work on Monday then ring me at 3 o'clock on Friday afternoon to ask if I can do the job on Saturdy....... This happened yesterday.:001_rolleyes:

I don't smoke much at work but I do need that awful 'hit' from time to time.

I roll 3 or 4 to last me the day before I go to work.

What you don't do is sit in the truck for a thirty minute ride, get to site, step out of the vehicle and turn around putting the baccy tin on the seat and start fecking rolling one................

Reading through these post's I'm glad to see that ALL the things that wind me up are a stressor to others. This thread wants renaming as 'I'm new to the industry, what should and shouldn't I do?'

FFS!! that'll take about 30 seconds :001_rolleyes:

But why not roll a few smokes while you're sat in the passenger seat?

Another thing that winds me up is when someone pours a drink out of a flask then stands there nursing it when it's to hot to drink.

Get the fecking tools out whilst the drink cools down!

I can feel myself becoming a grumpy old man.:biggrin:

But why not roll a few smokes while you're sat in the passenger seat?

Another thing that winds me up is when someone pours a drink out of a flask then stands there nursing it when it's to hot to drink.

Get the fecking tools out whilst the drink cools down!

I can feel myself becoming a grumpy old man.:biggrin:

The point I'm getting at is that in the greater scheme of things the time taken to roll a ciggie is irrelevant. In all honesty if that's all it takes to annoy you you need help, seriously.

'Becoming' a grumpy old man? :biggrin:

The point I'm getting at is that in the greater scheme of things the time taken to roll a ciggie is irrelevant. In all honesty if that's all it takes to annoy you you need help, seriously.

'Becoming' a grumpy old man? :biggrin:

I don't need any help. I'm a subbie more than doing my own jobs these days. I see lads stood about when work is to be done, the same lads want to know what time they will be 'getting off'. Then they wonder why main contractors only want to pay sh1t money. They don't help themselfs.

It's not so much getting annoyed it's about folk thinking they are owed a living.