What are the best non alterrain 3 tonne forklifts

gensetsteve

I went for a Moffit and love it was on hard standing in my old yard and was great now on concrete but have some drainage channels and a standard forklift gets stuck on them and is a big bump on solid tyres when loaded as nematics seem much more forgiving. Also goes out on site and it's off road capability is astonishing.

Down side and it can be a real pain is its width if you have a double row of pallets you can't sneak one out to get to the back row as your then too wide to fit through the gap. You find ways around it but can get frustrating in a tight spot.

Not a recommendation but may help eliminate- I have a linde h30 which easily lifts 3 tons but it struggles on anything other than hardsurface. There is an area of rough scalpings in our depot and you have to give it some to get over some bumps/dips even when not carrying anything.

I was (and still am) looking for a jcb 926 or 930. Sounds like the kind of things you'd want.

That's useful info that's exactly the truck I had in mind because it looks a bit more capable than the rest. I looked at a 926 but I discounted it as I can't travel up rows of pallets and dumpy bags. A tele handler lets you reach into all sorts of places.

That's useful info that's exactly the truck I had in mind because it looks a bit more capable than the rest. I looked at a 926 but I discounted it as I can't travel up rows of pallets and dumpy bags. A tele handler lets you reach into all sorts of places.

If you can run to a telehandler you won't be sorry. Certainly if you are thinking of one piece of plant to do everything then that's what you need. It will be beaten on a few things but overall it comes out top in my book.

I had a Desta, that thing had a diff lock and providing it never sank it would clamber about on any loose surface, CZ made machine and are cheap compared to others of a similar spec . I ran that for about ten years before making the mistake of going to a Hyster, that difflock is the all important feature with this type of forklift in a "yard" environment .

Bob

What about a Jcb teletruk best of both.

I like these but unless you get the 4x4 version the rear wheels are quite small. I would image they'd struggle on rougher stuff.

Someone at a neighbouring unit has one (35d I think) and it hs the quick change system. It is literally seconds to change from forks to buckets.