Dodgy truck

dent

No but the name on the mot is the same surname as the names of the salesman

I have just been through the invoice and it has some really nasty little terms and conditions in it

It also specifys it is a trade sales invoice and i think theres other bits of paper they never gave me a copy of trying to get me to say its a trade sale but i dont know if any of this is legal as i bought it for personal use and the terms and conditions arr really quite dodgy saying that they in no way state the vehicle is in a usable state

However the salesman repeatedly said so

I really hope trading standards can get hold of this lot

I did manage to find the trading name of the company and then the director but his registered address is a littele tiny flat

Contact vosa/dvsa about the dodgy MOT. At least they won't be able to do it again if they get their licence taken away.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the garage did the MOT themselves then you have a big lever. If it's a common thing with this garage then they could lose their MOT license. DVSA / VOSA

A very big lever indeed, I purchased a truck a few years ago with a fresh MOT that was about a grands worth of work away from being roadworthy. It was only when it went on our ramps for a service a month later that it became apparent the MOT was dodgy, a quick phone call to the MOT station threatening to involve VOSA had them quaking in their boots. They never even got to see the truck and paid up straight away, they knew they had let it through for a mate and obviously valued their testing license more than the few quid it took to sort the issue.

Bob

Well its bm range of burton on trent i will try giving the mot station a call and see what happens but after reading the small print on the invoice i have little hope they clearly are well rehursed at this game and know what they are doing putting it through as a trade sale aswell to try and remove my consumer rights

I really hope noone else on here has the miss fortune of dealing with these people

Trade sale or not it can't be right that they are waving through shoddy repair work for MOT. That's a very different issue to whether you bought it as a private individual or as a business.

It says in the small print of the invoice that there is no garuntee the truck is safe or road legal and that the salesman never claims it was

Even though they did but im guessing that removes any rights along with them putting it through as a trade sale

I will keep up with trading standards even if its just to make sure it doesnt happen again and will try and find the owner of the company as he seems to be trying so hard to hide

Worth checking your insurance or home insurance as most offer legal assistance. Not to sure if if would help but worth checking or just put a big billboard on the back and park outside there main entrance. Will piss them off and warn future customers. You could also get a pre mot done then go to the local rag and let them run with the story

It says in the small print of the invoice that there is no garuntee the truck is safe or road legal and that the salesman never claims it was

Even though they did but im guessing that removes any rights along with them putting it through as a trade sale

I will keep up with trading standards even if its just to make sure it doesnt happen again and will try and find the owner of the company as he seems to be trying so hard to hide

I am tempted to say forget trading standards as it was a trade sale. I think you might be on a loser there.

Concentrate on the MOT as trade or not the same MOT standards apply.

Read Bobs post again. ( one before last)

If that fails ask VOSA what you should do.

Edited by cornish wood burner