Traditional Firewood is history

TimberCutterDartmoor

That's not as bad as it sounds. For example if I spend 20k on a processor and sell it after 4 years for 10k, even if I only did 500 tons a year, and you would want more for that size processor, it would only cost £4 a ton..

With the boiler we installed it's the same - it's going to be 5-10 years to pay off but that means it will only cost a tiny amount per cube.

Thats ok if you can sell at that level, where I am, I'm 7 miles from a town in any direction, when I started, the nearest competion was about 7 miles away and happy to sell me any excess timber as we didnt interfere with each other, now theres two more who do firewood within a mile of my yard and probably 10-15 people within that 7 mile radius, so I couldnt make the figures stack up on bought in timber and a processor against those odds.

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else get the BSL Advisory Panel - ELECTION OPEN email this morning?

If you didn't, and you want to see it, happy to forward it on.

For those that have 'some reservation' about the way the system is being administered (by the big boys, for the big boys) I expect you'd feel the same feeling of impending doom that I felt when I saw the type and range of shortlisted candidates for the advisory panel.

No doubt in my mind how this is all going to play out in the medium to longer term.... :thumbdown:

Anyone else get the BSL Advisory Panel - ELECTION OPEN email this morning?

If you didn't, and you want to see it, happy to forward it on.

For those that have 'some reservation' about the way the system is being administered (by the big boys, for the big boys) I expect you'd feel the same feeling of impending doom that I felt when I saw the type and range of shortlisted candidates for the advisory panel.

No doubt in my mind how this is all going to play out in the medium to longer term.... :thumbdown:

Sod it, sling it up here I will

BSL Panel Voting Form_Final.docx

Sod it, sling it up here I will

:lol:

What did you think of it??

A bit like politics I suppose, I didn't bother with the nominations so perhaps I shouldn't grumble about the outcome...

Only thing is, for those 'little fish' that are trying to work, read and contribute, there isn't the time (or perhaps the will) to put any effort into such admin tasks and so it gets left to the bigger players who are paying people to shine chairs anyway.

As a consequence, they are the only folks that get a say in how things progress and invariably, the course is set so as to favour their own agendas (sounds like FISA in another realm to name but 1 example.)

Can't be arsed with it. Yet more BS and bureaucracy. Sick and tired of it.

Think I'm going to take up professional ironing. How many risk assessments can there be for that?

you will need it for the folding board the hanging flex the hot plate, water and electricity in the appliance and steam

Sorry this was in response to "what I think of it"?

I thought the same....

It all looked like a good idea in the early days, some folk were keen to take arb arisings direct from site (which saved me a hassle) and I simply invoiced them a notional fee (which was an uplift on the price of the job anyway so a bonus) and they got an invoice for the audit trail if checked for their RHI audit at a later date. Plus I planned to manufacture pellets but haven't found the time to put to that yet.

Pay to be on the register? I don't think so, so that'll be me for one flushing the scheme down the pan.