Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

It's a real breath of fresh air when you show up J, I understand why you aren't here more often, and frankly I don't blame you. But it is hugely important to give a little pushback when these bootlickers are spewing their bile and hatred, so that anyone who reads but doesn't post on the forum (because they are there, lurking, who knows how many, but they are there) can see that their disgusting opinions aren't acceptable, and they don't speak for everyone. Unfortunately, arb work does seem to have more of that sort of person, so while the voice of compassion, tolerance, and reason can seem a little quiet at times on here, we do still exist.

I'll suggest an answer to your two points if I may, regarding the WW1 dead and the disabled reporter: they will either ignore that kind of behaviour altogether (let's be honest, noone is going to give you an answer), or they agree with it. Because they hate everyone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Big J said:

Pick any Scandinavian country. Always top the lists for quality of life, equality and happiness.

I don't post here as much as I used to, but I'm always a little surprised and saddened by how right leaning some members are, and how callously heartless they come across online. 

Trump represents the very worst of American culture. Uneducated, cruel, self-serving and greedy. Those that vote for him wish to emulate him. They've been mislead into thinking that he has their interests at heart when he couldn't give a sh!t about them.

I'll ask for a response on a few specific points: how would you defend Trump when he refused to visit WW1 war graves in Europe for fear of his hair becoming disheveled and stated "why would I go to that (American) cemetary? It's filled with losers"

And Trump mocking a disabled reporter whilst on stage. 

These are but two of literally thousands of examples of him acting like a total piece of sh!t, but I'd ask that you defend him on these two specific counts.

Think if you look closely you'll find they aren't as liberal as you believe them to be, if anything they are centrist & capitalist so neither ends of your spectrum of evil Vs good.

When you've a population the size of London, a tax rate at 25% and receive dividends from every nation that's sold wind turbines to Vatternfall IE. government coffers.

Yet you rabidly foam on about Trump, yet defend Biden. Biden was a rabid hater of the English, all that poetry he likes to recite.

When trump gets in it'll be radio silence again, like the MSM and our new masters.

7 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Think if you look closely you'll find they aren't as liberal as you believe them to be, if anything they are centrist & capitalist so neither ends of your spectrum of evil Vs good.

When you've a population the size of London, a tax rate at 25% and receive dividends from every nation that's sold wind turbines to Vatternfall IE. government coffers.

Yet you rabidly foam on about Trump, yet defend Biden. Biden was a rabid hater of the English, all that poetry he likes to recite.

When trump gets in it'll be radio silence again, like the MSM and our new masters.

You failed to answer my questions. 

Scandinavia is far more liberal than any iteration of any major political party in either the UK or US. It is of course capitalist, but it is also collectivist. Scandinavians understand that society functions better when no one is left behind. There are no gated communities here (as per the US) as there is no need. People feel that they can trust their government and that their politicians have their best interests at heart. 

Yes (as is the case in much of the world at the moment), there is a rightward swing of the political pendulum. A right leaning Sweden is still a good way left of Labour though. 

The tax rate is higher than 25%, for your information, and people don't generally mind that because it's obvious that it's being spent (for the most part) wisely and for our benefit.

Now please answer my questions as regards Trump's heinous remarks/actions.

Edited by Big J

Pick any Scandinavian country. Always top the lists for quality of life, equality and happiness.

OK Norway.

It's not very liberal or equal and consumes huge amounts of antidepressants.

Resource extraction based economy,high levels of gun ownership,one of the globes biggest polluters per capita.

I don't believe any of the latest WHO stats because alot of its actually based on infant mortality statistics believe it or not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

OK Norway.

It's not very liberal or equal and consumes huge amounts of antidepressants.

Resource extraction based economy,high levels of gun ownership,one of the globes biggest polluters per capita.

I don't believe any of the latest WHO stats because alot of its actually based on infant mortality statistics believe it or not.

That as the case may be, it still compares massively favourably to almost any other developed nation. Just because a nation tops a list such as this, doesn't mean it's perfect.

I'm just back from a week in Norway. Spectacular place, stunning mountain cycling, hideous main road traffic and very expensive. I'm grateful that it's close for me to get to, but also that I don't live there. I wouldn't fancy the idea of spending all my time hanging off the side of a mountain! 😄

16 minutes ago, Big J said:

Now please answer my questions as regards Trump's heinous remarks/actions.

Why don't you actually show me the video of that and not hearsay.

I can probably point you in the direction of the S show Biden left in Afghan. The leak that left a load of dead tier 1 that were on the Osama raid.

But... But ... But.. Trump must be the bad man.

I wonder using their mental gymnastics, if Bill Clinton not having sexual relations with that women. Makes him good or bad?.

Edited by GarethM

9 minutes ago, GarethM said:

I can probably point you in the direction of the S show Biden left in Afghan. The leak that left a load of dead tier 1 that were on the Osama raid.

Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan was planned and put into motion by Trump.

As you request:

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Former president Donald Trump notably bypassed the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in 2018 after reportedly calling troops buried there “suckers” and “losers.”

Edited by Big J
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GarethM said:

I wonder using their mental gymnastics, if Bill Clinton not having sexual relations with that women. Makes him good or bad?.

Gives a good timeline of events leading up to the Afghan withdrawal and the antecedent events:

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Edited by Big J