Conifer Removal

AWarb00

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched the last video, really nice angles and good footage and enjoyed controlled fell at end nice work! Bit a lack of ppe though on site! Groundies could do with helmets whilst lowering the trunk and gloves - if that trunk picked up pace he would of burnt his hands, ear protection with the 66 screaming away, also eye protection whilst using a saw climbing. Not trying to be negative as I think it was a good performance overall - well done!

Thanks!!:001_smile:

It was on a building site, so some of the people you may see might not be groundies, but yeah the guys at the end with the lowering rope should have helmet (end of very hot day so last thing on mind!:blushing:)

Iv got one of those petzl vizir's now, so that does the eyes up the tree:thumbup1:

he does have one, he just wansnt wearing it for that last bit at the end of the day!:001_smile:

Not wishing to 'labour the point', but I will, that many accidents happen at or towards the end of the day, and often the last bit, because of fatigue and lack of concentration...hence PPE must be worn until the job is completely finished :thumbup1:

Cheers,

Paul

Couple of things i clocked,you cut around neck height a couple of times,weve had a death in the arb industry recently due to a kickback in the neck.Please cut in lower in corrilation to your body or spike up higher to cut.

I noticed you got the bar pinched a couple of times when choggin down the stem,u had a wedge-why not use it.

You can drill a little hole in the wedge and attach some throwline to it and the other end to your harness so you cant drop it.

When knocking off tops or sections i find a humbolt is easier to encourage the section to go over,i seen you had problems pushing sections over with your face cut.

Dont take it personal just my observations,but please be careful and stop cutting at neck height.

Ppe and the stuff mentioned above too but u know that now.

I liked the vid,good pace,really good music and it looked like you guys were havin fun!

Hope you have a long productive and safe career.

Keep the vids comin..we all like a bit of connie bashin

Couple of things i clocked,you cut around neck height a couple of times,weve had a death in the arb industry recently due to a kickback in the neck.Please cut in lower in corrilation to your body or spike up higher to cut.

:blushing:Point taken! i must confess since i heard about the accident i have been a lot more careful when cutting like that!

I noticed you got the bar pinched a couple of times when choggin down the stem,u had a wedge-why not use it.

You can drill a little hole in the wedge and attach some throwline to it and the other end to your harness so you cant drop it.

Good idea! Ill do that:thumbup1:

When knocking off tops or sections i find a humbolt is easier to encourage the section to go over,i seen you had problems pushing sections over with your face cut.

Is humbold where you do an upside down gob? :blushing:

Dont take it personal just my observations,but please be careful and stop cutting at neck height.

:thumbup1: Its good to hear from the pros! hence i posted, not gonna learn otherwise:001_smile:

Ppe and the stuff mentioned above too but u know that now.

I liked the vid,good pace,really good music and it looked like you guys were havin fun!

Hope you have a long productive and safe career.

Keep the vids comin..we all like a bit of connie bashin

Thanks!!! :thumbup1: Certainly was a good sunny day!