Advertisement.

colwoodlandcare

We have been going a few years now and so far have never advertised.

We would like to get another team going but don't have the work to warrant it all the time. What forms of advertisement have you found is most effective and pulling in new work that isn't from word of mouth.

Also we work for an estate agent as well at the moment but would like to branch into some more commercial work. How have people found is best to go abouts this.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Colwood - Home

This is where you enter the cold calling getting worse. Last time i was on the phone i said, "look i dont want hassling! i will decide and ring you back"

towards the end of the conversation, "so is it ok for me to ring you back monday?"

I HATE Salesmen/marketing

good luck

Nice looking website, how do you rank on google? I just entered 'tree surgeons in wivelsfield' and you dont seem to be on the first 4 pages.

My website is a bit naf looking and needs updating as i did it myself but its on page 1 of google in my area. I Get most of my work through that. Work on your SEO to boost ranking. Have you tried pay per click to expand your geographical area? You set your own budget so it doesn't need to be expensive and it can boost your ratings away from your physical location. You can switch it on and off when you dont need it as well.

Cheers,

Good to see people's websites here - they're exactly the kind of thing I'm aiming for for my business. Can I ask which hosts you used? I've been recommended a couple by friends and thinking about using Create a professional business website with 1&1 as it looks pretty easy to set up (which I confess is my main priority right now). It needs to look smart and professional too though. What would people recommend using? Any tips would be very much appreciated.

In some respects creating a web site is the easy bit, getting people to visit it can be a more difficult challenge.

Including the web address on all business literature helps but if the idea of the web site is to open new markets, then you need to be creative in how you drive traffic to it.

Beware of the sales people that promise to get your site to the top of all search engines because that can be expensive and of little practical value.

There are all sorts of ways of improving "brand" awareness but which method is best will depend on your target market.

You know what they say about marketing budgets, 50% of the money spent is wasted…..you just don't know which 50%

Local parish mag for me does well . Also when we have completed a job I normally push through 4 or 5 leaflets to neighbouring house's . This way they can see the quality of your work . Well if they are in :laugh1: Also if Im on a busy road I put my A Board out . Although sometimes we get that busy I try my best to hide from people :biggrin: Only so much I can do and dont fancy going down the route of employing extra staff again .

A good web site is a must, take a look at mine Home and if you like the look of it pm me and I'll give you the guys name and number; he's only in Steyning so not to far.

We've advertised a lot in the Village Directories and the 'Your Local......' magazine and have huge success with them.

Don't bother with Yellow Pages or Thomson Local; I pulled out of those about 10 years ago, best thing I ever did.

Good clean sign written vehicles and the work team with company tops is also very good; get them to wear them whenever and wherever they want.