safety method statement

miker

client wants me to provide a safety method statement,i am a sole trader and rarely employ people for more than the odd days work here and there, what is the best way to go about about this as the forms etc ive seen ,appear to be aimed at companies with numerous employees etc, any help would be great, cheers

There should be some about on here somewhere you can download, have a search about.

You can do a very basic one.

You just need to put on paper, who you are, where you are working, what you are doing and how your going to do it. You dont need to go into loads of detail and you dont need to start looking in depth at safety issues its not a risk assessment.

They dont usually call it a safety method statement, just a method statement. Or a site specific method statement.

Just think if someone asked "What are those blokes doing over there" and the info could be quickly taken from a method statement your doing OK. Well aslong as you carry out the tasks in the way you said you would its ok.:thumbup:

Plus its also so they can bollock you if you state "We will be lowering sections using a rope rigging system due to underground pipes and cables" then watch you drop the trees in one instead.:thumbup:

client wants me to provide a safety method statement,i am a sole trader and rarely employ people for more than the odd days work here and there, what is the best way to go about about this as the forms etc ive seen ,appear to be aimed at companies with numerous employees etc, any help would be great, cheers

make your own forms and method.:thumbup1:

thanks all, reckon i can do my own method,outline what i will be doing, any hazards, use of barries by paths etc, forgot to say thay client is owner of residential care homes, so will put in the method about being polite to residents(goes without saying) ensure that no one is in 25m of me when im strimming etc, fuel is stored correctly, nothing left on paths etc/trip hazards,....anything else i can add ??

thanks all, reckon i can do my own method,outline what i will be doing, any hazards, use of barries by paths etc, forgot to say thay client is owner of residential care homes, so will put in the method about being polite to residents(goes without saying) ensure that no one is in 25m of me when im strimming etc, fuel is stored correctly, nothing left on paths etc/trip hazards,....anything else i can add ??

Noise is the winner on this one, (residential care home) tell them in your mothod, Responsible Managment Of Noise, should any issues or concerns regarding noise be raised work will stop and restart again once the prob has been sorted