moles

Guest the cleaner

Guest the cleaner

They have made a right mess of my lawn....I purchased some mole traps and set one yesterday but didn't think I would catch one for day's but I had one in a trap today what joy...it is so amazing how something so sweet looking can can reck a lawn:thumbup:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Piège à taupe et anti-taupe. Destruction rapide de nuisibles taupiers.

Works a treat :biggrin:, may not be available your side of channel tho.

Yes, it will only be one mole, they can cover an area the size of football pitch

They do have very sensitive smell so if you expose each hole & put a little diesel down it generally moves them, once gone try & cave in all the runs.

N

Edited by NFG

I noticed an awful lot of mole hills on the roadsides while driving around today.

They appear to be very active atm

Hi,

I think they are active after a cold spell once soil starts to warm & or if its been dry then rains its easier to dig new tunnel for worms.

N

Hi

I have been catching moles for a number of years now, they pop up in my rural garden all year long. The trick i have learn't is that when setting the traps and digging the holes its worth wearing a pair of old dirty garden gloves to hide the scent and also when not in use keep the traps is some dirt. Had some old mole catcher who I hired for the first year teach me some tips each time he came back to rid me of them for 40 pound per visit so I soon learned!! I now remove them locally as well as honey bee swarms. The mole hills are good for potting seeds also, happy trapping!!