TW190 what to do when the wheels fall off?

kongtrees

6 weeks ago i bought a reconditioned TW190DH from a well known dealer. To my absolute horror on Saturday the offside wheel decided to part company with the machine as the wheel bearing collapsed.

Having had the machine recovered to a local workshop it seems that the spindle nut on the other side was finger tight and the inner race had collapsed too.

The friction shoes and brake cables were brand new as fitted in the recon and one can only assume the spindle nuts were never torqued , so i wonder what recourse i have now that it needs 2 sets of bearings, two stub axles a set of friction linings and a brake drum.

The machine came with a 30 day parts warranty which ended a fortnight ago but has only done 4 hours since the purchase.

Any ideas? as a new business its giving me sleepless nights. Im going to make contact with the dealer tomorrow and being a pessimist im assuming they will quote the 30 day warranty.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do Steve, The original hours are on the receipt and i have a picture to send them of the hours counter now together with the pictures of the damage caused. So i hoping so. Im one of those people that if it can possibly go wrong its always with me. Hence i didnt go for a private sale. That would just have been temping fate to kick me in the nuts far too much.