have to give up arb

testcricket01

unfortunatly going to have to give up tree surgery i think been scraping through for 3 years now but the resession has finally really done it which really sucks basically all ive earned ive spent on equipment so close to setting up on my own but i sub to both of the tree companys in the area and there dryed up so looks like im gunna have to join forces or something :sad:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not drive mate?

I drove 80 miles one way and slept in the car onsite last night for a couple of days work (would of been 3 if i didnt injure my bleeding wrist lol) Its not ideal but i was very greatful of the work and it was with good people, Id love to stay in my town and work but needs must and if ive gotta travel, Travellings what ill do, better that then going fighting someone else's war, Tree work is what i do, its what i know and its what i love, Surely things cant be that bad mate? ive not had alot of work either but im trying to look on the bright side that at the moment im surviving and surely something more solid/ more of my own jobs will come in soon, Keep positive pal

Do you not drive mate?

I drove 80 miles one way and slept in the car onsite last night for a couple of days work (would of been 3 if i didnt injure my bleeding wrist lol) Its not ideal but i was very greatful of the work and it was with good people, Id love to stay in my town and work but needs must and if ive gotta travel, Travellings what ill do, better that then going fighting someone else's war, Tree work is what i do, its what i know and its what i love, Surely things cant be that bad mate? ive not had alot of work either but im trying to look on the bright side that at the moment im surviving and surely something more solid/ more of my own jobs will come in soon, Keep positive pal

ive tryed traveling ive contacted all firms even some quite far away i used to get up at 4.30am drive to 70miles to lincoln and drive back home never got home before 10pm did that for 3 months everyday but now theres just nothing really nothing i dont want to give it up but i just cant stick with my income at the moment its not enough

Dont mean to sound clever, but what have you tried in the way of getting work?

By the sound of it you have a bit of kit now, have you done much local advertising, yellow pages, village mags, posters in shops, even flyposting?

Is "Joing forces" such a bad thing if you only do it on a day or two a week basis, could keep you going a while longer?

Dont give up mate, i think you would regret it.

Dont mean to sound clever, but what have you tried in the way of getting work?

By the sound of it you have a bit of kit now, have you done much local advertising, yellow pages, village mags, posters in shops, even flyposting?

Is "Joing forces" such a bad thing if you only do it on a day or two a week basis, could keep you going a while longer?

Dont give up mate, i think you would regret it.

ive got advert in local mag had a few jobs frm it but nothin tht pays really ive contacted all firms in county with cv and phoned them up at least twice each still nothing problem i have is i could advertise more but then i have problem of i dont have chipper get rid of stuff and i cant afford all insurance costs or the running costs of a chipper for the amount of work that i would get so im stuck and i really dont want to give up ive tryed getting part time bar work etc to help but no luck got my parents on my back saying i need more work and i cant keep goin doin sumtimes couple days sumtimes no days a week what can i do

have you thought of working away weekdays ? im sure there must be something on arb jobs mate

Ive thought of this too and ive contacted a few firms advertising on there but they're just not willing to pay for accommodation and the wages on offer cant justify paying your own digs and rent at home!!

have you thought of working away weekdays ? im sure there must be something on arb jobs mate

theres a few jobs going on there ive contacted a few but no luck so far got one job accepted when i traveled to lincoln nd back every day for 3 months but that was a very bad experience with that company hope there not all like that company knocked my confidence abit bein told i wasnt good enough all time and yet every1 else ive worked with says im alright