More fake chainsaws?

Splitter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the site, about 2 months ago I had a chap knocking on my door trying to sell me one of these. He claimed he was Italian, a lot of " sorry, please forgive, I no speak English very well". He said he was over here for a trade show and didn't want to have to take them back on the plane, they were obviously fake and I told him so, " I sorry, please forgive, ducking and bowing like Manuel from Fawlty Towers, ( although I believe he was from Barcelona, was'nt he?). He jumped in his car and sped off. Now, how did he know where to find someone who might buy a chainsaw, I live well off the beaten track, however, I had recently bought some gear from two large dealers, I think he got my info from one of them, but I don't know which!

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the site, about 2 months ago I had a chap knocking on my door trying to sell me one of these. He claimed he was Italian, a lot of " sorry, please forgive, I no speak English very well". He said he was over here for a trade show and didn't want to have to take them back on the plane, they were obviously fake and I told him so, " I sorry, please forgive, ducking and bowing like Manuel from Fawlty Towers, ( although I believe he was from Barcelona, was'nt he?). He jumped in his car and sped off. Now, how did he know where to find someone who might buy a chainsaw, I live well off the beaten track, however, I had recently bought some gear from two large dealers, I think he got my info from one of them, but I don't know which!

Id be going finding out who give out my details mate, thats not on!! Take a pick axe handle with you and get the info you desire, Really not on giving address out IMO

Welcome to the site by the way mate!

its not really a 'fake' chainsaw...

my trucks red... if i knocked up a rough stencil, i could spray ferrari on it...

wouldnt make it a fake ferrari... just make it a rusty old truck with ferrari written on it!

that is a very cheap chinese copy of an old zenoah designed chainsaw... with a cheap stenciled stihl logo on it...

the only people likely to buy it, have no knowledge of saws, and have likely never run one before. the same type of people buying spear and jackson saws from argos...

dont know what my point is... but i more than likely have one somewhere:001_tongue: