Aquafells vs Rayburn

Moley

I've just been around to a mates only to find a pair of very wrinkled Aquafells sitting on his kitchen table. It turns out he put them in the top oven of his rayburn to dry them out (a stupid idea I know, and I made sure he knew it). To cut a long story shrt he forgot they were there and only realised when a funny smell started eminating from the oven. To try and save his boots he has dosed them up with dubbing and is of the opinion that 'they'll be fine'. I am assuming that the blocking material will be knackered now and at the very least they look unwearable. Will try and get some pictures so you can all point and laugh. I really can't get my head around the stupidity of some people.

oh dear, no and aga wouldnt be the choice of a chainsaw operator as you cant run an aga on logs it has to be solid fuel (if you stick to the manual), where as a rayburn you can run on logs ok! :001_tt2:

also would the warming oven not have been a safer bet? thats where my boots go, but dont tell the wife :blushing: as it doesnt get hot enough to acutally cook anything in there :thumbup:

I think Rayburn is now a product of the Aga company. He normally puts them in the warming oven but wanted them to dry fast (that he certainly got!). I thought it said in most of the instructions for these items that you shouldnt put them near a direct heat source as with protective trousers.