Hate Crime Increase

Billhook

Just wondered how much of this has been identified. Perhaps not so much racist or insulting Leave/Remain voters

It could be due to this new initiative in Nottingham

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/jul/13/nottinghamshire-police-count-wolf-whistling-hate-crime

I do not know any women who are upset by a wolf whistle. Usual response when asked is that they quite enjoy the complement, especially as they age!

The thought of one of you young bronzed lads, muscles rippling, confidently striding past a group of girls and comments such as "I'd like to see what that guy has in his lunch box" leading to reporting it to the police as a hate crime is a bit oxymoronic.

In the report it says any unwanted verbal communication could be construed as a hate crime.

What next? "Can we have the next dance?" "Can I buy you a drink?" "Fancy going to the movies?"

If the woman just does not fancy the guy, is it now a hate crime?

Edited by Billhook

the guys doing the wolf whistling are usually rough as arseholes/with a load of their mates/get abusive when the person doesn't respond

plus its intimidating for women because usually the bloke is going to have a physical advantage. Plus a whole load of other reasons i guess??

if only they said things like "can we go to the next dance"

the guys doing the wolf whistling are usually rough as arseholes/with a load of their mates/get abusive when the person doesn't respond

plus its intimidating for women because usually the bloke is going to have a physical advantage. Plus a whole load of other reasons i guess??

There should be a new designation of 'Unthinking, socially inadequate **** crime'. :biggrin:

Edited by felixthelogchopper
**** rhymes with cat. :)

LOL, this is when you have to laugh at the Guardian. 100 people killed in Europe over the last two weeks by terrorists, but the Guardian writes an article about hate crime that focuses on wolf whistlers.

The sooner that newspaper goes out of business the better.

How would you fancy your chances against a dozen ladettes on the street corner shouting "Whooaarr, show us yer twelve inch bar" or " 'AV you gotta woody mate"

I used to try and deal with gangs of women from Boston Docks who were potato picking and if they thought you needed a lesson they were quick to go into action. Luckily I could run a bit faster in those days, but boy were they rough../

It depends on;

i) Can she see you?

ii) Is the change in your pocket jingling too loudly?

Hope this clears things up for you. :001_smile:

Thanks Felix, I think I need a phone camera with a better zoom on it :thumbup: I just pretend I'm looking for Pokemon at the moment but I think they are getting wise (I'm at a funny age, 64)