Ach well 028avs wood boss

Undercut

Well it's not been oiling , ruined chains , compression is grand and does run a treat

So figured lets see , chucked it in to the stihl dealer he want 140 quid new oiler , chain few other bits decided go for it as if something works why scrap it and can't get the same for £140 #on the other conversation on here ,,start small with old gear you know and slowly build up

hello undercut

what about trying to do it yourself just looked on e-bay a new oiler is £20 and new worm gear for it about £8 i dont know how to do one as never had any thing to do with a 028 but am sure there is enough help on here to get you through it and it a good way of learning to sort out older saws

hope that helps

albert

Hi mate the I've got the same saw 028 AV super, had it since new in 1987/88 spent a short stint in retirement but is back in action as its the only saw I've got thats running at the mo, thier good little saws and will take some abuse :thumbup1:

I have a bust one of that vintage, bought it from a neighbour who had it from new after the storm, it had been seized so I bought an aftermarket italian pot and piston. It snapped the conrod the following day when used by my young helper, I suspect I had been a bit hamfisted putting the gudgeon pin in.

I can dig the bits out if anyone is interested for a sensible donation to Medecin sans frontiers

I have a bust one of that vintage, bought it from a neighbour who had it from new after the storm, it had been seized so I bought an aftermarket italian pot and piston. It snapped the conrod the following day when used by my young helper, I suspect I had been a bit hamfisted putting the gudgeon pin in.

I can dig the bits out if anyone is interested for a sensible donation to Medecin sans frontiers

Here's a couple of photos, for the one person that was interested, it's been at the back of my shed for 1/4 century and I'm having trouble finding all the bits. Did find several things I forgot I had though.

Is it possible to find date and model from the serial number?

028a.jpg.d2db0d25f1b71b2b816eed0a509af578.jpg

028b.jpg.1943b62109e73517b49a44c24bf750da.jpg

Indeed is it an 028?

Here's a couple of photos, for the one person that was interested, it's been at the back of my shed for 1/4 century and I'm having trouble finding all the bits. Did find several things I forgot I had though.

Is it possible to find date and model from the serial number?

[ATTACH]141777[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]141778[/ATTACH]

Indeed is it an 028?

Andrew, Ive got an 028 that was running like a train, but I dropped a tree on the back handle, the motor is still 100 % (was last year), I can feel a donation coming on.