How to adjust Hi/Low Screws on Husqvarna 125 Blower

mowandgo

Hi guys gotta Husqvarna 125 Blower nice bit of kit. I have had it like 3 months from new and its hard to start sometimes it bogs down and smokes alittle. Classic sings of running too rich so normaly I would adjust the Hi Low Screws which I do frequantly on all my machines usally with great sucses! However for some reason which makes no sence to me what so ever the screws are like a spline with a narrow metal wall. Its simply no good to man or beast as I dont have or know any one with a tool what fits them. So iam stuck with a potentialy great blower what runs a bit rich and iam sure thats bad for the enviroment that i cant adjust. What was every wrong with a slot screw?

Well i think thats realy silly its as important as replacing an air filter or adjust a chain. And its worse for the enviroment as its running rich. I purchased from F.R. Jones who I have had no trouble but iam not wasting half a tank of diesel and an afternoon to take it back. Also its my only blower and a I dont want to post it. Slot screws wonder if you can have it modified? Are all new tools going this way? What ever next fixed possition spark plugs?

Well i think thats realy silly its as important as replacing an air filter or adjust a chain. And its worse for the enviroment as its running rich. I purchased from F.R. Jones who I have had no trouble but iam not wasting half a tank of diesel and an afternoon to take it back. Also its my only blower and a I dont want to post it. Slot screws wonder if you can have it modified? Are all new tools going this way? What ever next fixed possition spark plugs?

Mate, these tamper-proof screws have been around for years, you can either buy the tool (£10 off internet sites) or use one of those electrical connector things, pushed on the end of a screwdriver

i have 2 of these blowers and have no problems whatsoever with either of them,if yours has issues then it should go back to the dealer, if you bought a new car and it started playing up after 3 months,you wouldnt get your screwdriver out and start pissing around with it would you, and as someone else said , you shouldnt have to keep adjusting hi/lo screws.

Hope you get it sorted

Hi i used the blue electrical connector methord to great sucsess. I do find hi/low screws need adjusting like every 3 to 6months on most 2 stroke oil burning machines. I just tweak the low so tick over peaks and hi so it peaks a full revs. I find this sucsesful and engines go that much better. Thanks for all the posts would not have done it with out them!

your definitely not suppose to let your engine peak rev out it's suppose to start fourstroking ie holding back" if i'am wrong i'am sorry . I always set them slightly rich as i always thought they run hotter flat out when weak causing tears before bedtime etc

ps i'am old school so not savvy with the newest latest engines but willing to listen and learn

I am self taught with mechanics i used to have lots of motorcycles before i bought a house and had a little boy. I have never had any isues with weak runing and do not know which way ( clock/anticlockwise makes it rich or lean. I do not know weather they shut off fuel or air. I am sure i will learn from the next post.