this is why our premiums are so high

s.varty

Basically my hilux was shunted in the rear about a month ago, she admited liability, within a couple of days someone rang me and said i,m entitled to £2000-£2500 for injuries (ok , i was expecting that), i took my pick up to a local garage , they had a good look over it and quoted me £600 for the repairs. A man later came(asessor) and took a few photos and later deemed it a cat b write off as the repairs would come to £7500 and the pick ups only worth £5000. I phoned them to say i could get it repaired for £600, their reply was it MAY have a twisted chassis. so now i know why our premiums are so high.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically my hilux was shunted in the rear about a month ago, she admited liability, within a couple of days someone rang me and said i,m entitled to £2000-£2500 for injuries (ok , i was expecting that), i took my pick up to a local garage , they had a good look over it and quoted me £600 for the repairs. A man later came(asessor) and took a few photos and later deemed it a cat b write off as the repairs would come to £7500 and the pick ups only worth £5000. I phoned them to say i could get it repaired for £600, their reply was it MAY have a twisted chassis. so now i know why our premiums are so high.

Why don't you take the money, and buy it back from the insurer? quids in! Just a thought:001_smile:

Why don't you take the money, and buy it back from the insurer? quids in! Just a thought:001_smile:

I have took the money and kept the pick up,but its a cat b write off and i can only sell it as spares, put the two together and it looks like she did me a favour and im quids in. but ive spent a week looking for a replacement= no work=no pay. My advice to any driver is,next time a driver is driving so close to that you can count the hairs sticking out of their nose,just pull over and let them go and hassle the next car.

. My advice to any driver is,next time a driver is driving so close to that you can count the hairs sticking out of their nose,just pull over and let them go and hassle the next car.

Exactly what I do with speeders, wave them past and let them get on with it, they have more chance of being caught if you don't hold them up :001_smile:

HI MATE if your entitled to £2000/£2500 thats plus your lost of time looking for a new truck mate re weeks work thanks jon :thumbup:

HI MATE if your entitled to £2000/£2500 thats plus your lost of time looking for a new truck mate re weeks work thanks jon :thumbup:

To tell the truth jon, i would of been more than happy if she had just payed to repair my truck and not involve the insurance guys, she wouldnt of lost her no claims and my truck would of been back on the road the next day.

It doesn't seem to take too much these days to write a car off tbh. It also doesn't help that every man and his dog claims against whiplash even if they don't have it.

Agreed , i must been the most popular bloke in bedforshire for a week,where theres blame , theres a claim etc on my house phone,txts on mobile.

my wife hit a car from behind, you could barely see the dent in the bumper ( 2000 ford focus). Drivers baby didnt even wake up.

I have it on my insurance as a claim for £12000!!!

Could have replaced the car brand new for less.

Oh and six moths after the crash the baby was claiming for wipe lash. I kid you not.

It happens all the time.

The price they get for repairs is all new parts from the cars manufacturers, a garage will look into aftermarket parts to keep the cost as low as they can.

A write off can always be fixed and put back on the road. Some may require a visit to a vosa testing station to be checked over others will just need a visit from vosa to check the chassis and vin numbers match to check you havnt cut and shut. Others won't need any visit just try and tax it or MOT it.

I've heard of ins claims going into a year old.